John Brynteson

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2009
      Would someone on this list who has Ancestry please look up John Brynteson for me, please.
      This is all the information I have on him:
      John Brynteson B. May 25, 1888, wife, Louise

      Name as he came through Ellis Island
      First Name: Johan H
      Last name: Bryntesson
      Age: 20 Gender M
      Parish: NY County: S
      Port: GOTEBORG
    • Clay Gullatt
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 30, 2009
        1930 Blue Island, Cook Co. IL
        John Brynteson Head 42 1st mar.at36 Sweden Sweden Sweden Swedish Laborer Cemetery
        Ella Wife 43 1st mar.at18 Sweden Sweden Sweden Swedish
        Earl St.Son 23 IL Sweden Sweden
        Theodore St. Son IL Sweden Sweden
        Marie St. Dau 19 IL Sweden Sweden

        WW1 Draft Card
        John Brynteson Age 29
        b. 25 May 1888
        Naturalized Citizen
        Arviha, Warnland Sweden
        Butcher Anderson Hospl
        Blue Island Cook IL
        Single
        Short Stout Blue Eyes Light Brown Hair
        6-5-17

        MI Death Index
        John Brynteson
        B. 25 May 1988??? (1888)
        D. 21 Mar 1976
        Residence: Lincoln, Berrien, MI
        Place of Death: Buchanan, Berrien, MI

        Swedish Emigration Records
        Johan H. Brystesson b. 1888 Place of Origin NY Varnland Lan Sverige
        Record date 1 Dec 1908

        Could not find him on the 1910 or 1920.

        Clay

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
          Thank you, Clay.  I was trying to determine of this obit belonged to this John.  None of the children match.  I seem to remember my sister in law telling me that her uncle John didn't have children of his own, only step children.  Unfortunately, she passed away recently and I can't ask her.  This lady can't belong to this John,  He was still living a the time of her death according to the info you supplied. John had 2 brothers, Oscar and Anders Gustaf, (sister in law's father); Anders's name changed to Andrew after coming to America in 1924.  This obit may belong to one of Oscar's children.   Thank you so much for the lookup.
          Mildred

          Chicago Tribune (IL)
          May 27, 1966
          Bryntesen
          Edition: Chicago Tribune
          Deceased Name: Anna L. Bryntesen
          Anna L. Bryntesen, beloved wife of the late John; fond mother of George B. [Ardelle], Mrs. Lilly [Howard] Thomas, and Mrs. Florence Thach; sister of Mrs. Augusta Johnson; grandmother of six.; great-grandmother of six. Service Saturday, May 28, 11 a.m., at Drake & Son Funeral Home, 625 Busse highway, between Touhy and Oakton, Park Ridge. Interment Irving Park cemetery. Visitation after 4 p.m. 698-3368.

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009
            Sam,

            Here is a quick look, I think there may be some information that is useful
            in your search:

            U.S. Naturalization Records Indexes, 1794-1995

            Name: Louise Maria Brynteson
            Birth Date: 26 Jun 1893
            State: Michigan
            Locality, Court: Detroit, District Court
            Title: Index Cards to Naturalization Petitions for the U.S. District Court
            for the Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division, Detroit, 1907-1995
            Series: M1917

            Social Security Death Index

            Name: John Brynteson
            SSN: 371-10-8302
            Last Residence: 49127 Stevensville, Berrien, Michigan, United States of
            America
            Born: 25 May 1888
            Last Benefit: 49127 Stevensville, Berrien, Michigan, United States of
            America
            Died: Mar 1976
            State (Year) SSN issued: Michigan (Before 1951)

            Name: John Brynteson
            County: Cook
            State: Illinois
            Birthplace: Sweden
            Birth Date: 25 May 1888
            Race: Caucasian (White)
            FHL Roll Number: 1613173

            Lives: 727 Maple Ave., Blue Island, IL
            Naturalized Citizen - Born: Arvilia, Warmaland Sweden
            Physical Features: Short, Shout, eyes Blue, hair Light Brown
            Profession: Butcher
            Employment: Anderson Hospital Blue Island IL
            Marital Status: Single
            Date Signed: 6/15/1917
            Cook County, IL

            1920 United States Federal Census

            Name: Oscar F Brynteson
            Home in 1920: Blue Island Ward 5, Cook, Illinois
            Age: 35 years
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1885
            Birthplace: Sweden
            Relation to Head of House: Cousin
            Father's Birth Place: Sweden
            Mother's Birth Place: Sweden
            Marital Status: Single
            Race: White
            Sex: Male
            Year of Immigration: 1910
            Able to read: Yes
            Able to Write: Yes
            Image: 258
            Neighbors: View others on page
            Household Members: Name Age
            Charles J Olson 47
            Anna L Olson 69
            Eric O Olson 11
            Oscar F Brynteson 35

            1920 United States Federal Census

            Name: John Branitzky
            Home in 1920: Chicago Ward 22, Cook (Chicago), Illinois
            Age: 32 years
            Estimated Birth Year: abt 1888
            Birthplace: Austria
            Relation to Head of House: Head
            Spouse's Name: Louise
            Father's Birth Place: Austria
            Mother's Birth Place: Austria
            Marital Status: Married
            Race: White
            Sex: Male
            Home owned: Rent
            Year of Immigration: 1902
            Able to read: Yes
            Able to Write: Yes

            Image: 336
            Neighbors: View others on page
            Household Members: Name Age
            John Branitzky 32
            Louise Branitzky 28
            Lucile Branitzky 7
            Philip Branitzky 5
            Philip Meyer 18
            John Meyer 20
            Paul Meyer 22

            First Name: Johan Manfrid
            Last Name: Brynteson
            Ethnicity: Sweden, Scand
            Last Place of Residence: New York
            Date of Arrival: Dec 14, 1908
            Age at Arrival: 20y Gender: M Marital Status: S
            Ship of Travel: Celtic
            Port of Departure: Liverpool
            Manifest Line Number: 0004

            Additional Arrivals through Ellis Island:

            Name of Passenger Residence Arrived Age on Arrival Passenger Record Ship
            Manifest Ship Image
            1. Adam Branitzky Oschmjany, Russia 1912 40 View View View
            2. Dwoire Branitzky 1904 21 View View View
            3. Jacob Branitzky Elisabetgrad 1906 23 View View View
            4. Jude Branitzky Suwolk 1903 29 View View View
            5. Leib Branitzky 1904 3 View View View
            6. Leiser Branitzky Elisabetgrov, Russia 1908 20 View View View
            7. Moische Branitzky 1904 1 View View View
            8. Pesse Branitzky Elisabetgrad 1906 18 View View View
            9. Rachel Branitzky Sinvalki, Russia 1909 17 View View View
            10. Scheine Branitzky Suwalk, Russia 1909 47 View View View
            11. Schimen Branitzky Suwalk 1903 9 View View View
            12. Stefan Branitzky Turdosin 1903 28 View View View
            13. Welle Branitzky 1896 18 View View View
            14. Zofia Branitzky Jakewlka 1904 17 View View View

            First Name: Johan Bernhard
            Last Name: Brynteson
            Ethnicity: Norway, Scandinavian
            Last Place of Residence: Tistedalen
            Date of Arrival: Jan 13, 1905
            Age at Arrival: 22y Gender: M Marital Status: S
            Ship of Travel: Majestic (1890)
            Port of Departure: Liverpool
            Manifest Line Number: 0003

            First Name: John
            Last Name: Brynteson
            Ethnicity: US Citizen
            Last Place of Residence:
            Date of Arrival: Oct 09, 1908
            Age at Arrival: 37y Gender: M Marital Status: M
            Ship of Travel: Lusitania
            Port of Departure: Liverpool
            Manifest Line Number: 0007

            Name of Passenger Residence Arrived Age on Arrival Passenger Record Ship
            Manifest Ship Image
            26. John Brynteson Campbell, Cal. 1924 21 View View View
            27. John Brynteson Hibbing, MN 1906 36 View View View
            28. John Brynteson Svanskog, Sweden 1924 53 View View View
            29. John Brynteson Svanskog, Werml., Sweden 1919 47 View View View
          • Sam
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 1, 2009

              Thank you so very much, the information is very useful, answered some questions I had .Thanks again