JUDGE DAVID MILTON TATE (1824-1908)

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2009
      Is anyone researching the family of Judge David Tate ( appointed Jackson
      County's first Probate Judge after the Civil War)?
      David Milton Tate married Martha Wynn on February 11, 1858, in Marion
      Co, TN. He bought his first property in Big Coon Valley on March 1,
      1858 (purchased land from Thomas Shipp).
      I have the 1860, 1870, 1880, and 1900 Jackson County, AL censuses for
      David Tate. He died on April 25,1908, and is buried in family cemetery
      behind his house in Big Coon Valley.
      I know that David Tate was a member of the Big Coon Masonic Lodge that
      was organized in 1873.
      What year did he build the large two story, white house at the end of
      County Road 53?
      Does anyone have any good personal stories about Judge David Tate?
      Ann B. Chambless