Names on Receipts for Pension Warrants

  • billeckfamily
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2009
      I just received a list of pensioners from Jackson Co. for the said fund October 1st, 1907. They sent me two pages - I don't know if there's additional pages or not. I just thought I'd post the names that I could read in case it benefited anyone's research.

      J.L. Jones
      Mary C. Davis
      V.E. Peirce
      Sam Wynn
      S.M. Austin
      W.D. Selby
      W.S. Wilbank
      B.F. Stegall
      W.B. Gamble
      Lucy Bean
      W.D. Cook
      Thos M. Gornley
      Margaret Evans
      John A. Harper
      Elizabeth Farmer
      L.W. Sloan
      Charlotte Mifford
      Mason Thomas
      A.F. Payne
      Mary Steely
      Jno. O. Bridges
      R. A. Ray
      Joe M. Hawkins
      J. West
      Mrs. M. F. Byron
      J.E. Bailey
      M.L. Wheeler
      Jno. W. Steele
      N.Y. Crossland
      Lucy V. Butler
      Mrs. V.E. Davis
      E.J. Brooks
      Mary A. Sims
      Sarag A. Sartin
      J.L. Tate
      D.W. Bradford
      Mary E. Gambal
      Wesley A. Rash
      Sarah E. Matthews
      D.W. Lindsay
      J.W. Dulaney
      Mary E. Jones
      H.S. Sims
      M.L. Tate
      W.E. Judge
      T.H. Knight
      Manerva J. King
      H.J.B. Christian
      Sarah Johnson
      Letitia Collins
      L.M. Jackson
      George Johnson
      Thomas E. Moore
      Ruth A. Moody
      Mattie G. Matthews
      Sarah Smart
      Sallie Shelton
      A.P. Jones
      Ellen Goff
      E.A. Thompson
      B.F. Tribble
      J.M Stewart
      Mahala Carver
      Sarah McBrayer
    • Karl Plenge
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2009
        > I just received a list of pensioners from Jackson Co. for the said fund October 1st, 1907. They sent me two pages - I don't know if there's additional pages or not. I just thought I'd post the names that I could read in case it benefited anyone's research.

        What fund is this for, and how would we obtain more information if we saw a name we are researching?

        Thanks for posting this.

      • Terri Billeck
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 11, 2009
          I received this copy when I sent off for a Pension Application file from Alabama Department of Archives and History. I'm assuming that if anyone is on this list, then they had to fill out a Civil War Pension application.

          > pensioners from Jackson Co. for the said fund October 1st,
          > 1907. They sent me two pages - I don't know if there's
          > additional pages or not. I just thought I'd post the names
          > that I could read in case it benefited anyone's research.
          >

          > What fund is this for, and how would we obtain more
          > information if we saw a name we are researching?
          >
          > Thanks for posting this.

          >     mailto:jacksongenealogy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • Terri Billeck
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11, 2009
            I forgot to add that you might check the website for ADAH and check out the section for Civil War Pensions. They just added more names lateley. In fact, mine showed up even though the W's weren't listed as being indexed.