Re: [jacksongenealogy] Cosby/Cozby/Causby Civil War Record

  • TOM F DUNKLIN
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009
      Bless you, Clay. Patience is not one of my virtues and I was dreading the long wait before I would receive the information by mail. I also thought I'd have to order gobs of records to learn much. You are a fountain of information and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the data you just sent.

      Thank you so much,
      Paula

      From: TOM F DUNKLIN <dunk1432@verizon. net>
      To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Monday, August 31, 2009, 6:35 AM

      I think I may have found Uriah W. Cosby listed as Uriah W Cozby serving during the Civil War. How do I order his record to see if this is the correct Cosby? What records will show the most information about Uriah and his family history? I understand these records can be pretty expensive so I want to order as little as possible but get the most data.

      Still trying to prove or disprove that Uriah W Cosby and Hugh W Cosby/Crosby are one and the same person. Uriah/Hugh b. ca 1846 AL; married Sarah Wilson?

      Thanks,
      Paula