RE: [jacksongenealogy] AL Dept of Archives and History - Update -1867 Voters List, Civil War Cards

  • Cindy Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2009
      Clay,

      Thank you for that. I already had my Jackson County Holdridges, but I picked up a lot more family from the other counties that I did not have.

      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com; jackson-co@yahoogroups.com
      From: blackcloud27030@...
      Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:54:24 -0700
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] AL Dept of Archives and History - Update -1867 Voters List, Civil War Cards

      The 1867 Voters Registration List for Jackson Co. is now available at the ADAH. The Civil War Cards for names A thru V are also available.

      After you click on Search at the Voters Database if you enter just Jackson for the county you will get all who were registered both White and African American.

      Note no women are on this list as they did not have the right to vote, this did not happen until the 19th Amendment to the Constitution was certified on 26 Aug 1920.