Manning

  • Cindy Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 6, 2009
      I have Mannings, from NC to Washington County, GA to Texas.

      Here is the descendant chart:
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~holdridge/charts/descendants_of_benjamin_manning.html

      Cindy
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      From: dunk1432@...
      Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:38:55 -0700
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Pictures Jackson County Al

      Just wondering about something. While looking for Cosby families in Jackson Co, (related to my paternal Wilsons), I've noticed a lot of "back and forth" about the Manning surname. I have Manning on my maternal side. They came from VA, NC, FL, GA & TX. Don't know if they were ever in AL but just wondering if some of your Mannings might have originally wandered into AL from any of the above mentioned states. I have several Benjamins, Johns, Reubens, Thomas', and Williams with some going back to the mid to late 1600's.

      Not very specific, I know, but just curious and thought I'd ask.

      Paula

      Paula

      From: grandmother6@... <grandmother6@...>

      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Pictures Jackson County Al

      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 4:59 PM

      Regina, I lost a lot of possessions a few years ago and got disabled also. I am in the process of getting all my stuff together now. I had a picture of your James Manning family and hope and pray I still have it.

      A lot of my things were boxed and have remained that way. A lot are gone.I will let you know if I find it..It may not be soon..I have a picture that I had done of Annie Mae Potter and Tommie Manning. Annie Mae was sitting in a chair when she was younger. Tommie was standing in the yard. They were not made at the same time but I had a picture painted from the 2 and Tommie is standing beside her Mother. I am going to see if I can get a copy made If I can I will let you have one if you want it. I saw where you had posted John Solomon and I want one of Mary Caldonia.

      Pat

    • TOM F DUNKLIN
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 6, 2009
        Cindy,
        I have some that were in Washington Co GA. The Texas bunch, my line, went into the central Texas areas around Freestone, Limestone, Navarro & Madison Co TX.

        Paula

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2009
          Yes, that was where my group went. If you look on my chart, Gladys Jenkins, daughter of Jacob Jenkins and Mollie Ida Jordan was my grandmother. Mollie was the daughter of John D Jordan and Jane Mayo. I think Jane was the daughter of Benjamin Mayo and Alaphen Watkins. Benjamin was son of William Mayo and Elizabeth Manning.

          Who were your Mannings?

          To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com

          From: Cindy Smith <cindysmith9@...>

          To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com