Re: [jackson-co] hill - sanders

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11 9:33 PM
      Billy

      1900 Census Trenton, Jackson Co. AL
      Family 21/House 21
      John W. Sanders Head Aug 1859 40 mar.23yrs Farmer (all in this family has AL AL AL for birth)
      Martha J. Wife Aug 1863 36 mar.23yrs 10 Children 8 Living
      Franklin M. Son Aug 1884 15 Farm Laborer
      Evva J. Dau Jan 1887 13 At School (Eva)
      Harva J. Son Dec 1892 7 (Harvey)
      Samuel E. Dau Aug 1895 4
      Nellie E. Dau Aug 1896 3
      Jessie A. Son Sep 1896 3
      Pernie O. Dau Sep 1898 1

      Family tree says another son Willard L. was b. 1882.

      1910 Trenton, Jackson Co. AL
      John W. Sanders Head 52 mar.once 35yrs Farmer
      Martha A. Wife 44 mar.once 35 yrs 12Children 9Living???
      Harvey Son 21 Teamster Logging
      Nelie Dau 15
      Jess Son 13 Farmer
      Pernie O. Dau 11

      Jackson Co. Marriage Index
      John M.(W.) Sanders M. Martha C. Evins (Evans) (15) Feb 1880 JOP Noah Shelton
      OS Page 465

      1880 Township 3 Range 6 Jackson Co. AL
      J. W. Sanders 20 Laborer Farm AL AL AL
      Mattie 16 Wife Keeping House AL AL AL

      1870 Township 3 Range 4 Jackson Co. AL
      Family/House 4
      Eliza E. Sanders 37 Farmer AL (Eligah Greenville Sanders from family tree)
      Fannie 31 Keeping House AL (Martha Fannie Berry from family tree)
      Alsey E. 16
      Lucresa 14
      John W. 10
      Frances N. 1 (listed as a female I think that this a male and is the Francis M. Sanders who is living next door to John W. on the 1900 Census also see the 1880)

      Eligah married again in 1875.
      Eligah Sanders m. Elizabeth Berry 12 Mar 1875 JOP W. J. B. Padgett OS Page 445

      1880 Township 3 Range 4 Jackson Co. AL
      House/Family 46
      E. G. Sanders 47 Head Farmer (all list AL AL AL for birth)
      Elizabeth 27 Wife Keeping House
      Alice 27 Dau
      Caladonia 13 Dau
      Frank 10 Son (Francis M.?????)
      Benjamin 8 Son
      James 3 Son

      Family tree says daugther born to Eligah and Elizabeth 10 Jul 1880 Rachel Addy Catherine Sanders.

      Eligah G. Sanders married for third time in 1885.

      E. G. Sanders m. Martha Jane Berry 4 Oct 1885 JOP J. W. Williams OS Page 529

      1900 Trenton Jackson Co. AL
      House/Family 4
      Elijah G. Sanders Head Apr 1837 67 mar.14yrs AL NC AL Farmer
      Martha J. Wife Aug 1855 44 mar.14yrs 1child 1living AL AL AL
      Mary E. Berry Dau-in-Law Sept 1874 25 mar.2yrs 1child 1living AL AL AL

      When you get to Jackson County you can stop at the Probate Court at the courthouse and verify the marriages.

      For more into on sanders try googling:  sanders of randolph and montgomery counties, north carolina and jackson county alabama

      Should give you days of reading.

      Clay Gullatt
      Mount Airy NC
      Moderator