I need help with the GAYLE family; ties to SMELSER, MILLER, CHILDRESS, CLONTS

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2009
      I'm researching the WILLIAM HENRY GAYLE family as a line in a larger paper. I need any info, other than census records, on these folks.

      William Henry Gayle born 1861, Tn died 1922, Jackson Co., Al
      md. to ...Jonnie Smelser born 1866, Al., died 1953, Jackson Co., Al
      (said to be buried at Freeman Cemetery, Woods Cove
      children:
      Fred; Jack; Charlie; Margaret and John Bently who married Sarah Ruth Childress, July 4, 1920 in Scottsboro. Anna Harriet; who married George Thomas Miller; Ola Mae; Jesse; married Kermit Clonts; Aubery Curtis, married a Smith.

      ANY information or a contact with someone who might know this family would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks, Mark