Re: [jacksongenealogy] Messer, Goldens, Jacks

  • Geri
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 1 4:49 AM
      That's ok I'll just keep on truckin.

      Geri Beaver

      -------Original Message-------

      From: Jewel Casey
      Date: 6/29/2009 7:20:43 PM
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] Messer, Goldens, Jacks

      No, I haven't, sorry about that.
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Geri
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 3:22 PM

      Jewel you and I have corresponded before many years ago, I haven;t gotten
      much
      Further on my Jacks research since then. Have you found any confirmation
      that they
      Came from Ireland?

      Geri Beaver

      From: Cindy Smith
      Date: 6/16/2009 6:51:53 PM
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [jacksongenealogy] Morgans and related families

      I have a lot of Jackson County families on my website, Descendants of John
      Benton Morgan.

      The chart is here: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry
      com/~holdridge/charts/descendants_of_john_morgan.html

      Thank you,

      Cindy

      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      From: Dar541@...
      Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:14:55 -0400
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Logan

      Looking for Logan ancestors of Jackson Co

      Steps!

      (http://pr.atwola
      com/promoclk/100126575x1221322979x1201367215/aol?redir=http://www
      freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun

      eExcfooterNO62)

    • Amy Christensen
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 19 8:55 PM
        Messer is indeed her maiden name. She married Miles Smith in Jackson County 16 Nov 1873. Susanah Messer was born 28 Apr 1855 in Jackson County, Alabama and had six children with Miles Smith. Miles died 17 Mar 1887 and she remarried in 1890 to William F. Pace in Jackson County. After that, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I know she ended up in Montague County, Texas and is rumored to have died in 1929 there. If you know anything about her, I'd love to hear it!

        Thanks,
        Amy

        From: Amy Christensen
        Date: 6/28/2009 10:56:51 PM
        To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com

        I'm trying to track down Susannah Messer after she moved to Texas but not
        doing such a good job. I also have some Jacks in my line.

        Amy

        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
        It's about learning to dance in the rain."

        Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
        Goldens or Jacks
        From Jackson Co.?

        Geri Beaver

        From: Dar541@...
        Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:14:55 -0400

        Looking for Logan ancestors of Jackson Co

        ************ **An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours in Just 2 Easy

        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 20 11:52 AM
          Hi Amy, all three of these familys are my direct lines, how are you related
          we may be
          Cousins. I have Susannah's death date as 16 Feb 1929, I don't have where she
          died at.
          I am very interested in her Uncle Jack or Jackson that lived with her, I
          have a lot of ideas about him but not a lot of proof.

          Geri Beaver

          Was Susannah Messer her maiden name if so what are the dates on her?

          Geri Beaver

          Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
          Goldens or Jacks
          From Jackson Co.?

          Geri Beaver

          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 20 1:49 PM
            I believe she died in Texas 16 Feb 1929. I just uploaded Miles' mothers
            photograph that I have (Ailsey A Willis Smith), if you would like me to post
            what I have on Miles let me know, if not you can always locate it on my
            family file on Ancestry.com

            Jimmie Ryan

            > Messer is indeed her maiden name. She married Miles Smith in Jackson
            > County 16 Nov 1873. Susanah Messer was born 28 Apr 1855 in Jackson County,
            > Alabama and had six children with Miles Smith. Miles died 17 Mar 1887 and
            > she remarried in 1890 to William F. Pace in Jackson County. After that,
            > I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I know she ended up in Montague
            > County, Texas and is rumored to have died in 1929 there. If you know
            > anything about her, I'd love to hear it!
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Amy

          • Alta Fae Brown
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 20 1:53 PM
              I believe my grandmother had the photo of Ailsey, as she was named after
              Miles and Susannah' daughter Louisa Catherine (some have it Catherine
              Louisa), of course my grandmother remember picking cotton in Jackson when
              she was a little girl, her name Sarah Louisa Catherine Brashear (Brazier)
              daughter of George Washington Brazier and Ida Lee Lovless