Re: [jacksongenealogy] ANDERSON-WILLIAMS

  • Jewel Casey
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2009
      Clay, guess I didn't make myself clear, sorry about that.

      Yes, Horatio was married the 2nd time to Catherine L. Williams. I was asking if anyone knew who she was. If anyone knew the name of her parents.

      Several of us, including Merle Janette Porter Mackey of Scottsboro, AL, have been researching Horatio Anderson for several years and the maiden names of his two wives are still unknown. Horatio Anderson and his 1st wife are my gg -grandparents.

      We have quite a bit of info on the families who married into the ANDERSON family but still a lot is missing. I will be only too happy to share as usual with anyone who wishes to get involved with this large endeavor. If you wish, please E-mail me privately.

      Jewel

      Horatio Anderson

      Son of UNKNOWN

      Born ca 1803 NC

      Died 21 Jun 1869 Estill Fork, Jackson County, AL

      Married (1) ca 1821 probably in NC

      Elizabeth UNKNOWN

      Born ca 1803 NC

      Died ca 1853 Estill Fork, Jackson County, AL

      Married (2) 10 Feb 1855 Jackson County, AL

      Catherine Williams

      Daughter of UNKNOWN

      Born ca 1834 AL/TN

      Died 19 Jul 1894 Jackson County, AL

      Horatio died at age 66 of pulmonary consumption.

      All three are buried in the Anderson Family Cemetery near Estill Fork, Jackson County, Alabama

      Horatio Anderson died 21 June 1869, according to 1870 Jackson County, Alabama Mortality Schedule ending June 1, 1870, with Pulmonary Consumption. He could not have died after June 1st and been reported on the 1870 schedule.

      1850 Jackson County, AL District #21 1860 Jackson County, AL, Paint Rock

      #405-405 #268-268

      Horatio Anderson 46 NC H. Anderson 58 VA

      Elizabeth 46 NC Catherine 25 AL

      Elizabeth 22 NC Thos. 7 AL

      William G. 20 NC Julia A. 8 AL

      Martha J. 15 AL Frances (male) 1 AL

      Nancy E. 14 AL

      Sarah J.F. 2 AL probably a grand daughter

      1870 Jackson County, AL Big Coon

      Household # 311-315

      Catherine Anderson 34 TN

      Julia A. 15 AL

      Frances K. 13 AL

      Thomas (James) 11 AL

      John B. 9 AL

      Ellen 7 AL (Sarah Ellen)

      Alexander 5 AL (Horatio Alexander)

      1880 Jackson County, AL Page 67A

      C.L. Anderson 46 TN (Catherine)

      J. Thomas 27 AL (Step-son)

      J.B. 19 AL (James)

      Ellen 16 AL (Sarah Ellen)

      Alex 15 AL (Horatio Alexander)

      CHILDREN: 8 known including Julia A. Anderson, who was Catherine's daughter.

      A. Joshua Anderson

      Son of Horatio and Elizabeth ( ) Anderson

      Born ca 1822 NC

      Died ca 1852 Jackson County, AL

      Married ca 1845 AL

      Frances Emily Trice

      B. Mary Ann Anderson

      Daughter of Horatio and Elizabeth ( ) Anderson

      Born ca 1824 NC

      Died after 1870 Probably Jackson County, AL

      Married

      Thomas R. Prince

      C. Elizabeth Jane Anderson

      Daughter of Horatio and Elizabeth ( ) Anderson

      Born ca 1828 NC

      Died after 1880 Probably Jackson County, AL

      Married after 1870 AL

      Elisha Prince

      D. William G. Anderson

      Son of Horatio and Elizabeth ( ) Anderson

      Born 20 May 1829 NC

      Died 7 Nov 1887 Madison County, AL

      Married (1) 25 Nov 1858 Jackson County, AL

      Martha Jane Fanning

      Married (2) 5 Mar 1869 Jackson County, AL

      Eliza Harding/Hardin

      E. John Anderson

      Son of Horatio and Elizabeth ( ) Anderson

      Born 1832 Jackson County, AL

      Died 1861 Jackson County, AL

      Married 1850 Jackson County, AL

      Gilla Ann Yarbrough

      F. Martha Jane Anderson

      Daughter of Horatio and Elizabeth ( ) Anderson

      Born ca 1834 Jackson County, AL

      Died after 1870 probably Jackson County, AL

      Married ca 1851 AL

      John Martin Johnson

      G. Nancy Evaline/Emaline Anderson

      Daughter of Horatio and Elizabeth ( ) Anderson

      Born ca 1836 Jackson County, AL

      Died before 1870 Probably Jackson Co. AL.

      Married 6 Oct 1853 Jackson County, AL

      Josiah Miller

      Son of Henry and Sarah (Cain) Miller

      Born 16 Aug 1831 NC

      Died before 1870 Jackson County, AL

      H. Martha Julia Williams-Anderson

      Daughter Catherine L. (Williams) & Horatio Anderson

      Born ca 1852 AL or TN

      Died 1897 Sallisaw, OK

      Buried in Valliant City, McCurtain County, OK

      Married 10 Aug 1871 Jackson County, AL, at J.M. Reids, by J.S. Collins, MG

      Abraham Cooper

      Son of Laton and Sara (Prewit) Cooper

      Born 21 Jan 1850 Jackson County, AL

      Died 31 Jul 1933 Sallisaw, OK

      Both are buried at Valliant City Cemetery, Valliant, OK

      From: Jewel Casey <jcasey@...>
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] ANDERSON-WILLIAMS
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, June 27, 2009, 10:46 PM

      Hi
      Does anyone out there have any idea who Horatio Anderson married the 2nd time?

      He married 10th of Feb. 1855 Jackson County, AL to Catherine L. Williams.

      1860 Catherine said she was born in AL, 1870, 1880 she said she was born in TN, born ca 1834, she died 19 July 1894 Jackson County, AL.

      I would appreciate any info and yes I will exchange info with anyone on any family I am researching for free.

      Thank a million
      Jewel