RE: [jacksongenealogy] Messer, Goldens, Jacks

  • Geri
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 28, 2009
      Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
      Goldens or Jacks
      From Jackson Co.?

      Geri Beaver

      From: Dar541@...
      Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:14:55 -0400
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Logan

      Looking for Logan ancestors of Jackson Co

      Steps!

      (http://pr.atwola
      com/promoclk/100126575x1221322979x1201367215/aol?redir=http://www
      freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Jun

      eExcfooterNO62)

    • cagle8185@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 28, 2009
        How about Beaver? Farm next to our place has Beaver Branch running through it. I thought in was because there were a lot of beavers (animals) around the area but after doing resarch I found out the first land owners were named Beaver.

        Bill Cagle

        Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
        Goldens or Jacks
        From Jackson Co.?

        Geri Beaver

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 28, 2009
          Yes, I have researched some of the JACKS families.

          Jewel
          Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
          Goldens or Jacks
          From Jackson Co.?

          Geri Beaver

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 28, 2009
            I have Messer' in my line.

            Jimmie Ryan
            Elijah Brazier b 1776 (1830 Blount, 1840 - 1880 Jackson)

            > How about Beaver? Farm next to our place has Beaver Branch running through
            > it. I thought in was because there were a lot of beavers (animals) around
            > the area but after doing resarch I found out the first land owners were
            > named Beaver.
            >
            > Bill Cagle

          • Amy Christensen
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 28, 2009
              I'm trying to track down Susannah Messer after she moved to Texas but not doing such a good job. I also have some Jacks in my line.

              Amy

              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
                      It's about learning to dance in the rain."

              Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
              Goldens or Jacks
              From Jackson Co.?

              Geri Beaver

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 29, 2009
                Jewel you and I have corresponded before many years ago, I haven;t gotten
                much
                Further on my Jacks research since then. Have you found any confirmation
                that they
                Came from Ireland?

                Geri Beaver

                Yes, I have researched some of the JACKS families.

                Jewel
                Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
                Goldens or Jacks
                From Jackson Co.?

                Geri Beaver

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 29, 2009
                  I also need to add the Carters to that list.

                  Geri Beaver

                  Yes, I have researched some of the JACKS families.

                  Jewel
                  Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
                  Goldens or Jacks
                  From Jackson Co.?

                  Geri Beaver

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 29, 2009
                    Was Susannah Messer her maiden name if so what are the dates on her?

                    Geri Beaver

                    Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
                    Goldens or Jacks
                    From Jackson Co.?

                    Geri Beaver

                      Yes, I have researched some of the JACKS families.

                      Jewel
                      Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
                      Goldens or Jacks
                      From Jackson Co.?

                      Geri Beaver

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 1, 2009
                        That's ok I'll just keep on truckin.

                        Geri Beaver

                        Yes, I have researched some of the JACKS families.

                        Jewel
                        Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
                        Goldens or Jacks
                        From Jackson Co.?

                        Geri Beaver

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jul 19, 2009
                          Messer is indeed her maiden name. She married Miles Smith in Jackson County 16 Nov 1873. Susanah Messer was born 28 Apr 1855 in Jackson County, Alabama and had six children with Miles Smith. Miles died 17 Mar 1887 and she remarried in 1890 to William F. Pace in Jackson County. After that, I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I know she ended up in Montague County, Texas and is rumored to have died in 1929 there. If you know anything about her, I'd love to hear it!

                          Thanks,
                          Amy

                          Was Susannah Messer her maiden name if so what are the dates on her?

                          Geri Beaver

                          Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
                          Goldens or Jacks
                          From Jackson Co.?

                          Geri Beaver

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jul 20, 2009
                            Hi Amy, all three of these familys are my direct lines, how are you related
                            we may be
                            Cousins. I have Susannah's death date as 16 Feb 1929, I don't have where she
                            died at.
                            I am very interested in her Uncle Jack or Jackson that lived with her, I
                            have a lot of ideas about him but not a lot of proof.

                            Geri Beaver

                            Was Susannah Messer her maiden name if so what are the dates on her?

                            Geri Beaver

                            Are there any people out there researching the familys of the Messers,
                            Goldens or Jacks
                            From Jackson Co.?

                            Geri Beaver

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jul 20, 2009
                              I believe she died in Texas 16 Feb 1929. I just uploaded Miles' mothers
                              photograph that I have (Ailsey A Willis Smith), if you would like me to post
                              what I have on Miles let me know, if not you can always locate it on my
                              family file on Ancestry.com

                              Jimmie Ryan

                              > Messer is indeed her maiden name. She married Miles Smith in Jackson
                              > County 16 Nov 1873. Susanah Messer was born 28 Apr 1855 in Jackson County,
                              > Alabama and had six children with Miles Smith. Miles died 17 Mar 1887 and
                              > she remarried in 1890 to William F. Pace in Jackson County. After that,
                              > I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I know she ended up in Montague
                              > County, Texas and is rumored to have died in 1929 there. If you know
                              > anything about her, I'd love to hear it!
                              >
                              > Thanks,
                              > Amy

                            • Alta Fae Brown
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jul 20, 2009
                                I believe my grandmother had the photo of Ailsey, as she was named after
                                Miles and Susannah' daughter Louisa Catherine (some have it Catherine
                                Louisa), of course my grandmother remember picking cotton in Jackson when
                                she was a little girl, her name Sarah Louisa Catherine Brashear (Brazier)
                                daughter of George Washington Brazier and Ida Lee Lovless