RE: [jacksongenealogy] Best sources for obituaries?

  • David Larsen
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 22, 2009
      Cindy,

      Although my ancestors weren't listed in the Advocate, this is a good
      resource to know about.

      Thanks,

      David

      From: jrytrplt@... <mailto:jrytrplt%40aol.com>
      Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:17:28 -0400

      David:? You may know a good bit about this area already, so forgive me if I
      am telling you too much.

      I have had success looking in the Hamilton County,?Chattanooga TN
      Bicentennial Library.? They seem to have a very good genea section.? It is
      my understanding that the Chatt Times began publication in 1883 and I
      believe the lib has "all of the rolls of mfilm".? I recently learned that
      they have a bound written index to the obits.? I have not used the index
      yet.

      I have had fair success finding people that died in Jackson County.

      The library may even do limited lookups but I do not know that for sure.

      The main number is Bicentennial Library, 423-757-5310, ask for Local History
      Department.

      Happy hunting.