Re: [jacksongenealogy] Riddle Family of Jackson County, Al.

  • treinfelder@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 12, 2009
      Are you related to Elizabeth Riddle who married Joseph Rosson in Jackson Cty AL .  I believe her parents to be Randolph and Jemima Hawkins Riddle.

      Thanks!

      From: Loretta Simmons < dwightsf2176@... >
      To: "jacksongenealogy" < jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com >
      Date: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 7:18 PM

      Does anyone have the surname "FEARS" in their Jackson County Family tree line, more

      specifically, ELIZABETH FEARS, Married BARNETT ZACH B. RIDDLE sometimes in

      1830's, Jackson Co. Al.

      Also anyone related to the surname AUSTELL, and again to be more specific,

      JEPTHA COLUMBUS AUSTELL (1837-1911) second Husband of MARY RIDDLE,

      Marriage 29 Jul. 1868 Jackson County, Alabama.

      Any help appreciated.

      Loretta

    • Darrell Hanshaw
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2009
        Loretta,

        Jacob Fears was my gggg grandfather, b. 1785, Virginia with wife, Aisley
        (Elsie) Holt, b.c. 1786, NC, d. Dec 1860.

        Jacob died before Aisley did (12/1860) since she was a widow when she died.

        Their daughter, my ggg grandmother, was Hanah Jane Fears, not Hanner -- as
        some census taker must have written her name.

        From John Williams, a prolific researcher:

        "Hannah (Hanner) Jane Fears shows up in the 1850 Jackson Co., Alabama,
        federal census, age 18 b AL, daughter of Jacob Fears (a miller) age 65 b VA
        and
        Aisley Holt age 64 b NC."

        Looks like Ellen will be most helpful to you, but please let me know if I
        can help.

        Darrell

        ----

        Note: Using the "Bcc:" feature of your email program to send to a group
        protects each individual's email addresses from being compromised by
        hackers/spammers. This helps to decrease unwanted SPAM EMAILS, and protects
        the privacy of those who do not want their email address displayed or
        forwarded. Also when forwarding a message, delete all email addresses to
        protect the privacy of others.

        DISCLAIMER: This email message is for the sole use of the intended
        are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
        destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.