Riddle Family of Jackson County, Al.

  • Loretta Simmons
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2009
      Does anyone have the surname "FEARS" in their Jackson County Family tree line, more
      specifically, ELIZABETH FEARS, Married BARNETT ZACH B. RIDDLE sometimes in
      1830's, Jackson Co. Al.
      Also anyone related to the surname AUSTELL, and again to be more specific,
      JEPTHA COLUMBUS AUSTELL (1837-1911) second Husband of MARY RIDDLE,
      Marriage 29 Jul. 1868 Jackson County, Alabama.

      Any help appreciated.

      Loretta

    • Alta Fae Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2009
        I have Jacob Fears and family in my database, do you have any dates on your
        Elizabeth and/or any other family information?

        Jacob Fears b 1785 Commonwealth of Virginia d bef 1870 Jackson, Alabama,
        wife: Aisley Holt b 1790 NC d Aft 1860 Jackson, Alabama

        Children I have:

        Joseph b 1812 Granger, Tennessee
        George Washington b 1814 Granger, Tennessee d 1870 Jackson, Alabama (in my
        Brazier line) [married: Louisa E Hill]
        Thomas W b 1824 Jackson, Alabama d bef 1900 Jobe, MO [married: Linda Brazier
        (died giving birth to twins]
        Harrett Fears b 1825 Tennessee [married: J H Freeman]
        William May b 1827 Jackson, Alabama d 1884 Jackson, Alabama (in my Brazier
        line) [married: Martha J Sanders]
        Jane Hanner b 1832 Jackson, Alabama

        > Does anyone have the surname "FEARS" in their Jackson County Family tree
        > line, more
        > specifically, ELIZABETH FEARS, Married BARNETT ZACH B. RIDDLE sometimes in
        > 1830's, Jackson Co. Al.
        > Also anyone related to the surname AUSTELL, and again to be more specific,
        > JEPTHA COLUMBUS AUSTELL (1837-1911) second Husband of MARY RIDDLE,
        > Marriage 29 Jul. 1868 Jackson County, Alabama.
        >
        > Any help appreciated.
        >
        > Loretta

      • Ellen Richardson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2009
          Hi, Loretta.  Jeptha was my gggrandfather.  How may I help you?  elnri@...
          Ellen Richardson

        • treinfelder@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 12, 2009
            Are you related to Elizabeth Riddle who married Joseph Rosson in Jackson Cty AL .  I believe her parents to be Randolph and Jemima Hawkins Riddle.

            Thanks!

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 12, 2009
              Loretta,

              Jacob Fears was my gggg grandfather, b. 1785, Virginia with wife, Aisley
              (Elsie) Holt, b.c. 1786, NC, d. Dec 1860.

              Jacob died before Aisley did (12/1860) since she was a widow when she died.

              Their daughter, my ggg grandmother, was Hanah Jane Fears, not Hanner -- as
              some census taker must have written her name.

              From John Williams, a prolific researcher:

              "Hannah (Hanner) Jane Fears shows up in the 1850 Jackson Co., Alabama,
              federal census, age 18 b AL, daughter of Jacob Fears (a miller) age 65 b VA
              and
              Aisley Holt age 64 b NC."

              Looks like Ellen will be most helpful to you, but please let me know if I
              can help.

              Darrell

              ----

              Note: Using the "Bcc:" feature of your email program to send to a group
              protects each individual's email addresses from being compromised by
              hackers/spammers. This helps to decrease unwanted SPAM EMAILS, and protects
              the privacy of those who do not want their email address displayed or
              forwarded. Also when forwarding a message, delete all email addresses to
              protect the privacy of others.

              DISCLAIMER: This email message is for the sole use of the intended
              are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
              destroy all copies of the original message and attachments.