Re:Kirbys & Finneys Digest 2326

  • Robert S. Duggan, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2009
      Hi, Mary Lou:

      As I have a large Kirby database, I thought resolving your query would
      be easy, but I was wrong. I have Edwin McWhorter Kirby in my
      database, and his parents were Lewis and Sarah (Sally) Kirby. I find
      Edwin (1823-1897) had a sister (given name unknown) who may be the
      elusive Mary Jane (Eliza) Kirby. Her dates were c 1825-bef 1853. And
      Lewis also had a mother named Eliza.Freeman

      Martha J. Evans m(1) Robert C. Parks and m(2) Jonathan Finney. My
      wife is descended from both the Kirbys and the Parks in Jackson Co.,
      AL -- the reason for my interest. I know little about the Finney
      line.

      I hope these comments may be of some use.

      Happy genealogy.

      Bob in Atlanta

      Robert S. (Bob) Duggan, Jr.
      r.duggan@...
      (home page) http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/d/rduggan2/
      (genealogy) http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~duggan/
      ----------------Original
      Post------------------------------------------
      4. >Kirbys & Finneys
      >Posted by: "Mary Lou Stone" maryloustone@...
      >maryloustone@...
      >Fri May 29, 2009 2:14 pm (PDT)
      >I am looking for info on Jonathan Floyd Finney,b.1822 TN d.1884
      >Jackson Co.AL and wife, Mary Jane Kirby,b. 1826 d. 1858 Jackson Co.
      >listed on the 1850 and 1860 Alabama census with children John Wiley,
      >James Monroe(my ggrandfather),Silas,and Elizabeth. Jonathan and Mary
      >Jane are my gggrandparents. I don't know anything about the Kirby
      >family. They are listed on the 1850 census after a Kirby family.
      >Edwin Mc Kirby was head of the household. I just wonder if this was
      >Mary Jane's brother. Does anyone have any info on this family? I
      >also am looking for more info on Jonathan Floyd Finney remarried
      >1869?, Martha Parks. I have land records of Jonathan and Alexander
      >Finney who died sometime in the 1860s. I haven't been able to make a
      >connection with Jonathan and Alexander but land records put them
      >living near each other. I also have document that says he was
      >administrator of Alexander's will. If anyone has any information on
      >these
      families please contact me. Thanks Mary Lou Finney Stone

      Back to top Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via