Re: [jacksongenealogy] Shrader

  • sromanek
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 23 3:36 AM
      Yes, I do Chuck. I think this is the one you mean. How is he related to you please? I would love to share more if you are connected. I am attaching below what I have on him and have a close cousin who is related to him. It is a niece of his. I hope to hear more from you. Thanks for contacting me.

      Sharon Dover Romanek

      Descendants of Woodie Malcom Otho Shrader

      Generation No. 1

      1. WOODIE MALCOM OTHO7 SHRADER (JOHN MARTIN6, GEORGE L.5, HENRY4, DANIEL3, DANIEL2, GEORGE1) was born September 26, 1907 in Jackson County, Alabama, and died June 16, 1989 in Jackson County, Alabama. He married (1) CRATE BRAZELTON. He married (2) DORA LEE ST. CLAIR. He married (3) ALLIE HASWELL MEEKER.

      Notes for WOODIE MALCOM OTHO SHRADER:

      Source: Chattanooga Free Press

      June 17, 1989

      Shrader- Otho M. , 82 of Stevenson, Al. died Friday in a Scottsboro, Al. hospital. A retired Baptist Minister, he was employed by the Alabama state Highway Department and was a member of Stevenson First Baptist Church. He was also a member of Hollywood (Ala) Masonic Lodge. Survivors include his wife Allie Haswell Shrader, Stevenson, three stepdaughters, Velma Pritchett, Stevenson, Ida Raney, Huntsville, Al. and Alice McCrary, Leighton, Al. two stepsons, Jimmy Meeker, Stevenson, and Ed Meeker, Unionville, Ohio. Sister Alma Wheeler, Louisville, Ky.; brother George Shrader, Lenoir City, Tenn. Services will be at 2 pm CDT Sunday at Stevenson First Baptist Church, with Rev Jerry Owens officiating. Burial will be in Pine Haven Memorial Gardens, Hollywood. The body will be at the church one hour before the service. Arrangements, by Rudder Funeral Home, Stevenson.

      More About WOODIE MALCOM OTHO SHRADER:

      Burial: Pinehaven Memorial Gardens, Hollywood, Jackson County, Alabama

      Social Security Number: 417-14-0622/SS Death Index

      Children of WOODIE SHRADER and CRATE BRAZELTON are:

      i. JOHN ARTHUR8 SHRADER, b. May 03, 1930, Jackson County, Alabama; d. August 06, 1930, Jackson County, Alabama.

      ii. JAMES HAROLD SHRADER, b. October 17, 1934, Jackson County, Alabama; d. December 10, 1937, Jackson County, Alabama.

      Fax:( 305)675-8045.
      e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
      sromanek@...

      Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 23 6:38 AM
        Hi, my name is James Jones, As far as I know I am not connected to the
        Schrader name however I have a copy of a document with the name of Samuel
        Schrader who lived in Jackson County AL in early 1830's. He served with my
        ggg grandfather Elijah Jones in the Florida Indian war of 1835. My family
        migrated to Arkansas in 1839, I don't know if this Schrader did also or
        stayed in Alabama. Maybe this little tidbit will help.
        Sincerely,
        James

      • Regina Pipes
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 23 10:13 AM
          I remember Otho SHRADER. He use to work with my dad at the highway
          department and he was also preacher at the Hollywood Baptist church when I
          went there as a young girl. Didn't or don't really know anything about him
          but I do remember him. You may be able to get info from the church there in
          Hollywwod.
          Regina GRIDER Pipes
          regina.pipes@...

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2001
            Hi James,
            Sorry to be so slow on the reply to this. I appreciate your attempt to help me some. I do not believe the document you mention will be mine, but there is always a chance. My Shraders are definitely spelled Shrader , and from what I understand there is a group of them who spell their names the way your document does. I would be interested in the document you mention though. Any chance of getting a copy of it? I can accept JPEGs if you have a scanner and can send me one that way privately. I do have one Samuel Shrader b. 1853. I am not up on dates of wars and stuff, but this is too late for him to be the one you have the document on. I would still like a copy though.

            Thanks So Much,
            Sharon Dover Romanek

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 9, 2001
              Sharon
              Thank you for answering my email. I have been out of town for abt 2 and
              a half weeks. That is the reason that it has taken so long for me to answer.
              The way that I am linked to Otha Shrader is through his wife Allie Haswell
              Shrader. I am from the Boyd side. Allie was my 2nd cousin. Her mother was
              Dona
              Boyd Haswell. She was my fathers 1st cousin.
              I am doing a little genealogy and I am interested in any link to the family.
              Do you or have you seen anything on the Southerland family in Jackson Co abt
              1890. I am looking for information on my grandmother Ida Southerland Boyd.
              I think that she was born in Prairie Co Ark in 1880 to E.L. Southerland and
              Betty Dickson. She married my grandfather John Boyd in Fackler Al in 1895.
              Any information you want to share will be appreciated. Chuck
            • zrcb@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 9, 2001
                Regina
                My name is Chuck Boyd. Are you by any chance related to John Waller. My
                g grandmother Mary Waller was his sister.
                Thank you Chuck my email is ZRCB@...
              • SjonesArk@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 10, 2001
                  Sorry about the delay, will scan the doc and send you a copy as soon as possible,
                  Sincerely,
                  James
                • sromanek
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 18, 2002
                    Hi Chuck. I am sorry to be so slow on the reply. I do not know anything on the Southerland side of your family. I wish I could help you more. I am way behind as you can probably tell from the late reply. Puter troubles and you name it got in my way. Life in general I guess got in my way. If I can help you on the Shrader side, please feel free to ask.

                    Take Care,
                    Sharon Dover Romanek
                    Fax:( 305)675-8045.
                    e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
                    sromanek@...

                    Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen

                    It's 2002 ... Do you know where your G-G-Grandparents are?