Re: [jacksongenealogy] Valentine Cagle

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 7 , May 20, 2009
      Bill

      I have tried to send you the page don't know it that will work. Look down at the bottom of the page on the righthand side it should say open film strip, click on that and see if it opens all the pages in the file.

      Clay

      From: cagle8185@aol. com <cagle8185@aol. com>
      To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 7:50 AM

      Clay,

      Paid $20 for 3 mo. on footnote and found Valentine Cagle listed in SCC but did not locate the info you supplied. Any advise on how to locate info you supplied?

      Bill Cagle

      From: cagle8185@aol. com <cagle8185@aol. com>
      Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] ALABAMA DEATH/MARRIAGE/ CENSUS RECORDS NOW ON LINE AT FAMILYSEARCH. ORG
      To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 3:40 PM

      Clay,

      If this is info put out by BYU it may not be correct. They have caused a lot of confusion in?our Cagle line.

      It started with Valentine Cagle Sr. and Val Jr.? My line has three generations named Valentine and this goes from Val.Sr. to Val. III and then Joe Valentine Cagle who was the son of Val. III and my great grandfather.

      The BYU info gets this confused be cause Val. Sr. also had a son named Henry and he had a son he named Valentine. This Valentine was 1st cuz to Valentine Jr. and settled in Decab County. Valentine Cagle Jr. settled in Jackson County and had a son Valentine Cagle III.

      BYU only refers to Valentine in Decab County and has not done their home work and can cause a lot of confusion for folks who follow their records.

      I know this because over 20 years ago I was running into a brick wall with info they supplied. BLM and census record will back up what I have stated.?BYU does not show the 4 generations of Cagles named Valentine but stop their line with the son of Henry Cagle who is buried at Deer Head Cove in Decab County.

      John Cagle, at one time, published a paper, called the Cagle Journal and had many articles about "The Valentine Cagles of Paint Rock Valley".
      BYU does not cover any of this history.

      This is just a?word ?of caution to others who may go down the path I took 20 years ago.

      Bill Cagle