Re: [jacksongenealogy] Andrew Jackson Steel(e)

  • msbs05@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , May 17 7:16 PM
      Thanks for the info. I do have them on all census records. Ida was my dad's step grandmother, but only one he knew. Emma died when his father was just 5 and Ida was great mother and grandmother. I didnt know her maiden name and parents untl you posted the info today, so thanks. I took a second look at several family in Jackson and learned more. I'll let you know what I find tomorrow and I'm very appreciative to you for the help. His last years have been such a mystery. i've heard several versions of how the murder occurred, but would really like to know the truth. At the very least would like to know when he died. thanks again

      Michaele

      From: msbs05@... < msbs05@... >
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 9:19 PM

      Yeah, thats them. Quick question, will the library and court house both be open on Monday and do you know the hours off the top of your head? Any other place I should go for records?

      Michaele

      From: msbs05@comcast. net < msbs05@comcast. net >
      To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Sunday, May 17, 2009, 7:50 PM

      His wife at the time was Ida (Idella). I found her death cert in 1948. I know she lived a while after him, couple yrs anyway. Daddy talked about visiting her. My hubby has agreed to drive me to Scottsboro to search records again tomorrow and Tuesday if needed. The first time we went we didnt know his first name was Levi so maybe I can find some record there of the court case and where he might have been sent.Do you have suggestions on where to go to find info on him? or where they might have sent murder convicts? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

      Michaele