Charles PHILLIPS Sr. Obit

  • Regina Pipes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2009
      I know that there is a lot of people researching SHELTON and PHILLIPS
      families from Jackson County so I thought that I would add this.

      Regina

      Aug. 10, 1931 - May 1, 2009

      Charles Phillips Sr., 77, of Elkmont died Friday.
      He was born Aug. 10, 1931, in Hollywood to the late Wesley Phillips and the
      late Annie Mae Shelton Phillips Gentry. He served in the U.S. Army for 21
      years, including service in both Vietnam and the Korean War. He received the
      Purple Heart for his service in Vietnam, three Bronze Stars for his service
      in the Korean War, and numerous commendations. He also loved gardening and
      National Geographic magazines. He was preceded in death by his parents.
      Survivors include his wife, Teresa Phillips of Elkmont; sons, Dwayne
      Phillips of Madison, Jeffrey Phillips of Elkmont, and Charles Phillips Jr.
      of Elkmont; daughter, Carolyn A. Key of Woodville; half-brother, Anthony
      Gentry; six grandchildren; three great-grandchildren.
      No public services are planned. In lieu of flowers, the family requests
      donations to the American
      <http://media.legacy.com/accipiter/adclick/CID=0000010bb69d6e3000000000/acc_
      random=5160632217/pageid=6141222337/ccid=267/aamgnrc1=American%20Cancer%20So
      ciety/site=LEGACY/aamsz=CLIO/area=HUNTSVILLE.1/zone=LIFESTORY/prod=1/relocat
      e=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cancer.org%2Fdocroot%2FDON%2FDON_1_Donate_Online_Now_Aut
      o_Custom.asp%3Fdon_promo%3DLegacy%26dn%3Dmem%26fn%3DCharles%26ln%3DPhillips>
      Cancer Society.
      Ardmore Memorial Funeral Home is assisting the family.