Re: [jacksongenealogy] Gray

  • Raymond Shirley
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 20, 2001
      sromanek wrote:

      > Can any of you tell me who are connected to the GRAY name if you know of a connection to your lines with the SHRADER or DOVER family?
      > I have a Janie Gray married to
      > William Henry Shrader. I have her name, but no dates. I have his name, and dates, but no location of death, or their marriage.He is from Jackson County, Al. I also have a
      > Nancy M. Gray, no dates or location for birth or death or parentage, but she is married to William Alfred Dover b.1833 Cherokee County,Georgia and d. Aft. 1900 Murray County, Georgia. Would like to connect some more information on these two.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Sharon Dover Romanek
      > Fax:( 305)675-8045.
      > e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
      > sromanek@...
      >
      > Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen

      There were 103 Gray men from Tennessee who fought on the side of the Union during the Civil War. Among them were five Sgts., two 2nd Lts., one Lt., four Capts., and one Major (William Gray, Adjt., 1st U. S. Heavy Artillery).
    • rubyb@edge.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 20, 2001
        Hi Sharon,
        My mother is Myrtle Bert Tine Gray. Her father was James Monroe Gray. His
        father was Jefferson Gray. His father was Isaac Gray. They homesteaded
        land in Jackson County at Pisgah when the first opportunity came. Family
        members have lived on the same land since before the Indian removal in 1829.
        We have a lot of information on the Gray family. Isaac Gray had two square
        miles of land. I don't know if he had a brother or father, but on the land
        records at Scottsboro, there was a Samuel Gray listed on the neighboring
        homestead. The Gray's have multiplied and married into a lot of the pioneer
        families. A lot of our near kin, the Gaddis family moved to Beaumont, TX and
        some became wealth in the oil business. I don't remember SHRADER or DOVER,
        but my information is far from complete. My husband is the genealogist in
        our family. He has a WebPage. http://edge.net/~jwbrown which he
        continually updates. If you will check out the above names you find a lot
        of Gray information, or you can start with me Ruby Headrick Brown and check
        my mother's lineage. Perhaps you can help us add to it if you recognize any
        of the present information. My husband, Johnnie, also has an email address:
        jwbrown@... if you have questions about our Grays or new information to
        add. Good luck. Ruby H. Brown

        I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
        County, AL.

        Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
        TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL. They had two children in
        AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
        was born in Jackosn County in 1820. They moved to TN by 1821.

        Thanks,
        Jim Gray

        --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
        > Hi James,
        > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
        My father
        > was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
        after
        > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children.
        My
        > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
        AL was a
        > state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
        for several
        > years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if
        anyone is
        > interested.
        > Ruby

        Peterson
        > Texarkana,
        > Arkansas

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Charles McCutchen
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 20, 2001
          Would love to one day connect these:

          Descendant Chart for Gray
          -------------------------
          1-Gray
          sp:Unknown
          |--2-Cassandra Gray b: 1787, d: 1842, Jackson County, Al
          | sp:John McCutchen b: 8 Mar 1755, Augusta County, Virginia, d: 17 Jan 1835,
          | Jackson County, Al
          |--2-John Harrison Gray
          sp:Melinda Campbell

          rubyb@... wrote: Hi Sharon,
          My mother is Myrtle Bert Tine Gray. Her father was James Monroe Gray. His
          father was Jefferson Gray. His father was Isaac Gray. They homesteaded
          land in Jackson County at Pisgah when the first opportunity came. Family
          members have lived on the same land since before the Indian removal in 1829.
          We have a lot of information on the Gray family. Isaac Gray had two square
          miles of land. I don't know if he had a brother or father, but on the land
          records at Scottsboro, there was a Samuel Gray listed on the neighboring
          homestead. The Gray's have multiplied and married into a lot of the pioneer
          families. A lot of our near kin, the Gaddis family moved to Beaumont, TX and
          some became wealth in the oil business. I don't remember SHRADER or DOVER,
          but my information is far from complete. My husband is the genealogist in
          our family. He has a WebPage. http://edge.net/~jwbrown which he
          continually updates. If you will check out the above names you find a lot
          of Gray information, or you can start with me Ruby Headrick Brown and check
          my mother's lineage. Perhaps you can help us add to it if you recognize any
          of the present information. My husband, Johnnie, also has an email address:
          jwbrown@... if you have questions about our Grays or new information to
          add. Good luck. Ruby H. Brown

          I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
          County, AL.

          Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
          TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL. They had two children in
          AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
          was born in Jackosn County in 1820. They moved to TN by 1821.

          Thanks,
          Jim Gray

          --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
          > Hi James,
          > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
          My father
          > was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
          after
          > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children.
          My
          > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
          AL was a
          > state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
          for several
          > years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if
          anyone is
          > interested.
          > Ruby

          Peterson
          > Texarkana,
          > Arkansas

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          C. E. McCutchen The McCutchen Historian

          http://mccutchenfamily.net

        • sromanek

            I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
            County, AL.

            Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
            TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL. They had two children in
            AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
            was born in Jackosn County in 1820. They moved to TN by 1821.

            Thanks,
            Jim Gray

            --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
            > Hi James,
            > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
            My father
            > was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
            after
            > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children.
            My
            > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
            AL was a
            > state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
            for several
            > years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if
            anyone is
            > interested.
            > Ruby

            Peterson
            > Texarkana,
            > Arkansas

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • zrcb@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 21, 2001
              Sharon
              Have you got Otha Shrader in your fmily tree. He was married to Allie
              Meeker.
              They lived in Stevenson Alabama. The reason I asked is because I saw that one
              of th surnames that you are reseaching is Shrader. Thank You Chuck
            • sromanek
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 15, 2003
                Sorry for the delay in response. This has been a strange year for me in the genealogy sense and other ways too. I wish I recognized some names here, but do not. Thanks for the reply anyway. I appreciate it.

                Sharon Dover Romanek
                Fax:( 305)675-8045.
                e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
                sromanek@...

                Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen

                It's 2002 ... Do you know where your G-G-Grandparents are?

                I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
                County, AL.

                Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
                TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL. They had two children in
                AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
                was born in Jackosn County in 1820. They moved to TN by 1821.

                Thanks,
                Jim Gray

                --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
                > Hi James,
                > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
                My father
                > was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
                after
                > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children.
                My
                > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
                AL was a
                > state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
                for several
                > years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if
                anyone is
                > interested.
                > Ruby

                Peterson