Re: [jacksongenealogy] Gray

  • sromanek
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 20, 2001
      Can any of you tell me who are connected to the GRAY name if you know of a connection to your lines with the SHRADER or DOVER family?
      I have a Janie Gray married to
      William Henry Shrader. I have her name, but no dates. I have his name, and dates, but no location of death, or their marriage.He is from Jackson County, Al. I also have a
      Nancy M. Gray, no dates or location for birth or death or parentage, but she is married to William Alfred Dover b.1833 Cherokee County,Georgia and d. Aft. 1900 Murray County, Georgia. Would like to connect some more information on these two.

      Thanks,
      Sharon Dover Romanek
      Fax:( 305)675-8045.
      e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
      sromanek@...

      Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 20, 2001
        I have a connection with a Cassandra Grey and her brother John Harrison Gray in the early 1800's in Jackson County. So far I have found no leads. The family may have had ties in Morgan County.
        Charlie.
        sromanek <sromanek@...> wrote: Can any of you tell me who are connected to the GRAY name if you know of a connection to your lines with the SHRADER or DOVER family?
        I have a Janie Gray married to
        William Henry Shrader. I have her name, but no dates. I have his name, and dates, but no location of death, or their marriage.He is from Jackson County, Al. I also have a
        Nancy M. Gray, no dates or location for birth or death or parentage, but she is married to William Alfred Dover b.1833 Cherokee County,Georgia and d. Aft. 1900 Murray County, Georgia. Would like to connect some more information on these two.

        Thanks,
        Sharon Dover Romanek
        Fax:( 305)675-8045.
        e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
        sromanek@...

        Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen

        I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
        County, AL.

        Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
        TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL. They had two children in
        AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
        was born in Jackosn County in 1820. They moved to TN by 1821.

        Thanks,
        Jim Gray

        --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
        > Hi James,
        > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
        My father
        > was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
        after
        > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children.
        My
        > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
        AL was a
        > state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
        for several
        > years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if
        anyone is
        > interested.
        > Ruby

        Peterson
        > Texarkana,
        > Arkansas

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        C. E. McCutchen The McCutchen Historian

        http://mccutchenfamily.net

      • Raymond Shirley
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 20, 2001
          sromanek wrote:

          > Can any of you tell me who are connected to the GRAY name if you know of a connection to your lines with the SHRADER or DOVER family?
          > I have a Janie Gray married to
          > William Henry Shrader. I have her name, but no dates. I have his name, and dates, but no location of death, or their marriage.He is from Jackson County, Al. I also have a
          > Nancy M. Gray, no dates or location for birth or death or parentage, but she is married to William Alfred Dover b.1833 Cherokee County,Georgia and d. Aft. 1900 Murray County, Georgia. Would like to connect some more information on these two.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Sharon Dover Romanek
          > Fax:( 305)675-8045.
          > e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
          > sromanek@...
          >
          > Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen

          There were 103 Gray men from Tennessee who fought on the side of the Union during the Civil War. Among them were five Sgts., two 2nd Lts., one Lt., four Capts., and one Major (William Gray, Adjt., 1st U. S. Heavy Artillery).
        • rubyb@edge.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 20, 2001
            Hi Sharon,
            My mother is Myrtle Bert Tine Gray. Her father was James Monroe Gray. His
            father was Jefferson Gray. His father was Isaac Gray. They homesteaded
            land in Jackson County at Pisgah when the first opportunity came. Family
            members have lived on the same land since before the Indian removal in 1829.
            We have a lot of information on the Gray family. Isaac Gray had two square
            miles of land. I don't know if he had a brother or father, but on the land
            records at Scottsboro, there was a Samuel Gray listed on the neighboring
            homestead. The Gray's have multiplied and married into a lot of the pioneer
            families. A lot of our near kin, the Gaddis family moved to Beaumont, TX and
            some became wealth in the oil business. I don't remember SHRADER or DOVER,
            but my information is far from complete. My husband is the genealogist in
            our family. He has a WebPage. http://edge.net/~jwbrown which he
            continually updates. If you will check out the above names you find a lot
            of Gray information, or you can start with me Ruby Headrick Brown and check
            my mother's lineage. Perhaps you can help us add to it if you recognize any
            of the present information. My husband, Johnnie, also has an email address:
            jwbrown@... if you have questions about our Grays or new information to
            add. Good luck. Ruby H. Brown

            I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
            County, AL.

            Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
            TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL. They had two children in
            AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
            was born in Jackosn County in 1820. They moved to TN by 1821.

            Thanks,
            Jim Gray

            --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
            > Hi James,
            > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
            My father
            > was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
            after
            > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children.
            My
            > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
            AL was a
            > state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
            for several
            > years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if
            anyone is
            > interested.
            > Ruby

            Peterson
            > Texarkana,
            > Arkansas

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Charles McCutchen
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 20, 2001
              Would love to one day connect these:

              Descendant Chart for Gray
              -------------------------
              1-Gray
              sp:Unknown
              |--2-Cassandra Gray b: 1787, d: 1842, Jackson County, Al
              | sp:John McCutchen b: 8 Mar 1755, Augusta County, Virginia, d: 17 Jan 1835,
              | Jackson County, Al
              |--2-John Harrison Gray
              sp:Melinda Campbell

              rubyb@... wrote: Hi Sharon,
              My mother is Myrtle Bert Tine Gray. Her father was James Monroe Gray. His
              father was Jefferson Gray. His father was Isaac Gray. They homesteaded
              land in Jackson County at Pisgah when the first opportunity came. Family
              members have lived on the same land since before the Indian removal in 1829.
              We have a lot of information on the Gray family. Isaac Gray had two square
              miles of land. I don't know if he had a brother or father, but on the land
              records at Scottsboro, there was a Samuel Gray listed on the neighboring
              homestead. The Gray's have multiplied and married into a lot of the pioneer
              families. A lot of our near kin, the Gaddis family moved to Beaumont, TX and
              some became wealth in the oil business. I don't remember SHRADER or DOVER,
              but my information is far from complete. My husband is the genealogist in
              our family. He has a WebPage. http://edge.net/~jwbrown which he
              continually updates. If you will check out the above names you find a lot
              of Gray information, or you can start with me Ruby Headrick Brown and check
              my mother's lineage. Perhaps you can help us add to it if you recognize any
              of the present information. My husband, Johnnie, also has an email address:
              jwbrown@... if you have questions about our Grays or new information to
              add. Good luck. Ruby H. Brown

              I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
              County, AL.

              Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
              TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL. They had two children in
              AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
              was born in Jackosn County in 1820. They moved to TN by 1821.

              Thanks,
              Jim Gray

              --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
              > Hi James,
              > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
              My father
              > was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
              after
              > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children.
              My
              > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
              AL was a
              > state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
              for several
              > years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if
              anyone is
              > interested.
              > Ruby

              Peterson
              > Texarkana,
              > Arkansas

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              C. E. McCutchen The McCutchen Historian

              http://mccutchenfamily.net

            • sromanek

                I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
                County, AL.

                Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
                TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL. They had two children in
                AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
                was born in Jackosn County in 1820. They moved to TN by 1821.

                Thanks,
                Jim Gray

                --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
                > Hi James,
                > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
                My father
                > was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
                after
                > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children.
                My
                > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
                AL was a
                > state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
                for several
                > years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if
                anyone is
                > interested.
                > Ruby

                Peterson
                > Texarkana,
                > Arkansas

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • zrcb@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 21, 2001
                  Sharon
                  Have you got Otha Shrader in your fmily tree. He was married to Allie
                  Meeker.
                  They lived in Stevenson Alabama. The reason I asked is because I saw that one
                  of th surnames that you are reseaching is Shrader. Thank You Chuck
                • sromanek
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 15, 2003
                    Sorry for the delay in response. This has been a strange year for me in the genealogy sense and other ways too. I wish I recognized some names here, but do not. Thanks for the reply anyway. I appreciate it.

                    Sharon Dover Romanek
                    Fax:( 305)675-8045.
                    e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
                    sromanek@...

                    Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen

                    It's 2002 ... Do you know where your G-G-Grandparents are?

                    I am interested in the Gray family prior to 1820 in Jackson
                    County, AL.

                    Do you have any information on Robert Gray who was born about 1792 in
                    TN. He married Tabitha who was born in AL. They had two children in
                    AL - Sarah A. Gray who was born about 1818 and William C. Gray who
                    was born in Jackosn County in 1820. They moved to TN by 1821.

                    Thanks,
                    Jim Gray

                    --- In jacksongenealogy@y..., rubyb@e... wrote:
                    > Hi James,
                    > I am interested in how you are connected to the Headrick family.
                    My father
                    > was John Henry Headrick. He lived in Pisgah, AL for over 60 years
                    after
                    > marrying my mother, Myrtle Bertine Gray. They had eight children.
                    My
                    > mother's Gray, Whisenant, and Allen connections go back to before
                    AL was a
                    > state. My father came from Walker County, GA where he was lived
                    for several
                    > years. We have quite a lot of information on these families if
                    anyone is
                    > interested.
                    > Ruby

                    Peterson