Re: [jacksongenealogy] Look-up request for an Obituary for Charles W. Adkins

  • LElectrica@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13, 2001
      Dear Judi,

      My GGGG-Uncle, John W. Parks, is listed in The History of Jackson County,
      Alabama by John Robert Kennamer, Sr. as one of the mayors of Scottsboro.
      This was the first I had ever heard of him being mayor of Scottsboro. I know
      that he had a law practice at Bellefonte with his brother Hugh Lawson Parks.
      Is there any way to look up some documents that prove that he was one of
      Scottsboro's mayors?

      I was also able to copy a good deal of the information that my
      Great-Uncle J.C. Clemons has. In some of his papers he mentions the terrible
      circumstances surrounding John W. Parks's death. He states, "John W. Parks
      son of William Delaney Parks of Woodville, while drunk, abused his wife. Her
      brother interfered, struck Parks on the head and killed him." I also wonder
      if there would be any documentation of this incident in a local newspaper. I
      am very curious about this, too.

      Thanks,
      Jason Statum