Re: [jacksongenealogy] Look-up request for an Obituary for Charles W. Adkins

  • sromanek
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 13 3:44 AM
      Judy,
      I hate to but in, but do you do lookups? I desperately want to find my great grandmother Malinda Johnston. She married William Washington Kirksey and they divorced. He was my great grandfather. She was pretty young so might have remarried, but I do not know for sure. My Granny had a note that she died March 1913 in Wannville. I have not been able to find anything other than that so far. I would SURE appreciate anything anyone could do for me on this, since I don't live in the area. Thanks in advance.

      Sharon Dover Romanek
      Fax:( 305)675-8045.
      e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
      sromanek@...

      Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen
      From: aspenhill_2000@... <aspenhill_2000@...>
      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com <jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, August 02, 2001 11:49 AM
      Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Look-up request for an Obituary for Charles W.
      Adkins

    • LElectrica@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13 1:42 PM
        Dear Judi,

        My GGGG-Uncle, John W. Parks, is listed in The History of Jackson County,
        Alabama by John Robert Kennamer, Sr. as one of the mayors of Scottsboro.
        This was the first I had ever heard of him being mayor of Scottsboro. I know
        that he had a law practice at Bellefonte with his brother Hugh Lawson Parks.
        Is there any way to look up some documents that prove that he was one of
        Scottsboro's mayors?

        I was also able to copy a good deal of the information that my
        Great-Uncle J.C. Clemons has. In some of his papers he mentions the terrible
        circumstances surrounding John W. Parks's death. He states, "John W. Parks
        son of William Delaney Parks of Woodville, while drunk, abused his wife. Her
        brother interfered, struck Parks on the head and killed him." I also wonder
        if there would be any documentation of this incident in a local newspaper. I
        am very curious about this, too.

        Thanks,
        Jason Statum