RE: [jacksongenealogy] Digest Number 356

  • Anne Rohr
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2001
      Hi Betty,

      I am descended from the Padgetts in Jackson County, in the Holly Tree area.
      My ggg grandparents, Nehemiah Padgett and Elizabeth (Betsy) Bridges first
      moved there from Tennessee, having previously lived in Rutherford County,
      NC. Their son, William John Bryson Padgett, and his wife, Mary Ann McCord,
      lived in Holly Tree and raised twelve children there. There were also other
      Padgett relatives that moved to Jackson County from NC. The name Thomas J.
      doesn't ring a bell at present, but I believe that all the early Padgett
      settlers that came to Jackson County were related in some way and have been
      working on that angle. If you think that I have any information that would
      help you, I will gladly share what I have. William John Bryson (WJB) died
      in 1898, so this is the right time frame for you. I have been told that WJB
      had a brother, Isaac, who also lived in Jackson County with his family, but
      I don't know if this is true or not. I have never been able to prove that
      link or find out much about Isaac's family. WJB also had a brother, Salenus
      Posey Padgett, who lived in Jackson County for a while with his family, but
      then moved to Arkansas, as did his sister, Mathilda Elizabeth Padgett, and
      her husband, Daniel Thompson. It is great to see another Padgett researcher
      on this forum, and if I can help you in any way, please let me know.

      Anne Rohr - granny1463@...

      From: "Betty" <bettyh@...>
      2. OT LOOKING FOR CLASSMATE
      From: "Regina Pipes" <regina.pipes@...>

      Message: 1
      Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 11:07:28 -0500
      From: "Betty" <bettyh@...>
      Subject: PADGETT Descendants

      I am trying to help a cousin who lives in Texas locate her Padgett kin.
      She descends from Thomas J. Padgett who lived in Marshall Co.m AL in 1880
      then disappeared. I know there are related Padgetts in both Marshall and
      Jackson Co. I would appreciate hearing from you.

      Betty Huggins

      Message: 2
      Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 21:17:40 -0700
      From: "Regina Pipes" <regina.pipes@...>
      Subject: OT LOOKING FOR CLASSMATE

      Scottsboro High School Class of 67 is having their 35th class reunion Oct
      12, 2001. We are having a hard time finding Judy SMITH TIDWELL and James
      TIDWELL. Can anyone help us locate them? Last we knew of them they were
      managing apartments behind the Hospital there in Scottsboro beside the
      nursing home.
      Yes we have tried all the on line Classmate sections. If you can help
      please email me at regina.pipes@....
      If you belong to this class please get in touch with me if you haven't heard
      from Nancy HODGES.
      Thanks
      Regina GRIDER Pipes