Re: Gray Family in Pisgah

  • kvgray64
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2009
      Louise and Linda

      Sorry it had taken me so long to get back to you guys

      Here is breifly what I have.

      William Gray b 1793-1800 in South Carolina m Mary Allen
      (do not have a marriage record, her maiden name came from sons death certificate)
      William was in Caliborne County Tenn in 1830.As was a John Gray and a Peter Gray. Peter was old enough to be a father to these two.
      William and his wife are listed in the census for 1840 in Dade County Gerogia.
      John Gray is still in Caliborne County in 1840.

      I can't locate William in 1850, but in 1860 the family was in jackson County Alabama.
      They had the following children

      James Gray b ca 1831 in Tenn m Elizabeth Starkey
      Issac Gray b. 1833 in Tenn m Lucinda Campbell
      Sarah Gray b. 1836 in Tenn m Bryant Stegall
      Elizabeth Gray b. 1838 in Tenn m Unknown
      Francis Gray b. 1840 in Ga m Zachariah Allen
      Mary Gray b. 1842 in Ga m T. M. Rooks
      William Gray b. 1843 in Ga m Francis Curl
      Thomas Jefferson Monroe Gray b. 1846 in Ga. Lucy C Gilbert

      *** Lucy is said to be 3/4 Cherokee

      Lucy Gilbert's mother was married to a Millican from Gerogia

      Some notes from other researchers indicate that the older William Gray's name may have been Issac William or William Issac.

      I have futher information one the desecndants of the William and Mary's chilren if any one is interested.

      One of the other ladies who I keep in contact with say she feel sure that her family was related to the Grays in the Woodville or Paint Rock area.

      Karen

      Researching : Venable, Adkins , Yarborough, Roden , McCurdy and to amy more to list