Look-up request for an Obituary for Charles W. Adkins

  • aspenhill_2000@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
      Would there be anyone on this list that could do a look-up for me?
      I need to find the obit of Dr. Charles Wesley Adkins who died in
      Jackson Co., AL. on June 24, 1915 or June 24, 1916. He is buried in
      Aspel Cem. and the date on the tombstone states June 24, 1915.

      Thanks,

      Judy Sanders
    • Scottsboro Museum
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 8, 2001
        Dear Judy,

        My name is Judi Weaver. I am the director for the Scottsboro-Jackson
        Heritage Center. We have death indexes listed from actual newspapers here
        in Jackson County. We have been able to locate the
        actual newspaper articles concerning Charles W. Adkins. If you will give me
        your mailing address I will mail copies of the obit and memorial to you. I
        am glad to help if I can.

        Regards,
        Judi
        >Would there be anyone on this list that could do a look-up for me?
        >I need to find the obit of Dr. Charles Wesley Adkins who died in
        >Jackson Co., AL. on June 24, 1915 or June 24, 1916. He is buried in
        >Aspel Cem. and the date on the tombstone states June 24, 1915.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >
        >Judy Sanders

      • sromanek
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13, 2001
          Judy,
          I hate to but in, but do you do lookups? I desperately want to find my great grandmother Malinda Johnston. She married William Washington Kirksey and they divorced. He was my great grandfather. She was pretty young so might have remarried, but I do not know for sure. My Granny had a note that she died March 1913 in Wannville. I have not been able to find anything other than that so far. I would SURE appreciate anything anyone could do for me on this, since I don't live in the area. Thanks in advance.

          Sharon Dover Romanek
          Fax:( 305)675-8045.
          e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
          sromanek@...

          Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen

        • LElectrica@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 13, 2001
            Dear Judi,

            My GGGG-Uncle, John W. Parks, is listed in The History of Jackson County,
            Alabama by John Robert Kennamer, Sr. as one of the mayors of Scottsboro.
            This was the first I had ever heard of him being mayor of Scottsboro. I know
            that he had a law practice at Bellefonte with his brother Hugh Lawson Parks.
            Is there any way to look up some documents that prove that he was one of
            Scottsboro's mayors?

            I was also able to copy a good deal of the information that my
            Great-Uncle J.C. Clemons has. In some of his papers he mentions the terrible
            circumstances surrounding John W. Parks's death. He states, "John W. Parks
            son of William Delaney Parks of Woodville, while drunk, abused his wife. Her
            brother interfered, struck Parks on the head and killed him." I also wonder
            if there would be any documentation of this incident in a local newspaper. I
            am very curious about this, too.

            Thanks,
            Jason Statum