STUBBLEFIELD FAMILY

  • macatjax
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
      If you are or think you are a descendant of the Stubblefield Family,
      please go to usgenweb, Hawkins Co., look under the title "Letters".
      There you will find information written down by Rev. Leroy Rogers on
      the families who emigrated from there to Franklin Co., TN/Jackson
      Co., AL. At first, it will make you "crazy", but my suggestion is
      that you print them out so you can make notations about the
      relationships of the families that he mentioned and also for James,
      he will say Jim, etc.

      Example: Absolum Stufflefield married Anna Matthews. For a long
      while, I had been told that this could not be proven; however, in
      Rev. Roger's letters, he mentions Aunt Anna Stubblefield was an old
      Baptist (Primitive)and this is the only place that I have seen her
      name. Since he knew these people and lived in their time, I think we
      could say this is proof.

      I don't think that the father of Absolum Stufflefield has been
      proven, but I think that he was the grandson of Robert Loxley
      Stubblefield. You can find information on the web concerning the
      Stubblefield Family of Hawkins Co., TN. There is information out
      there, but conflicting.

      M. Johnson

      Rev. Rogers mentions all of the families who came down from Hawkins
      Co. such as Matthews, Looney, Williams, and many more.
    • margaretmesserquick
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2012
        Here is the link to the letters:
        http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tnhawkin/lett4.htm