Willis and Allen Gamble, soldiers in Cherokee Removal

  • robert_s_63134
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009
      Hi!

      A few weeks ago, I posted concerning Willis and Allen Gamble, soldiers
      in Gover's Company, Norwood's Bttn., Cherokee Removal. I just found
      Allen and Willis in the BLM glorecords site. Willis took his land
      bounty in Jackson County, AL in 1854. He assigned his bounty to Mr.
      Rash. Willis took his land bounty in Sac County, Iowa in 1858. He
      assigned his bounty to a Mr. Wierick.

      Quite a surprise to see Willis in Iowa! I am interested in this family
      because they might be related to my Carr and Keith families. George
      Keith's wife was Martha Gamble. Both the Keiths and the Gambles were
      in GA and SC before coming to AL.

      Robert Schneider