Re: [jacksongenealogy] The Stevenson Story

  • Karl Plenge
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 2, 2009
      > Check over and over with Ebay.? I have books there.? Search the name Stevenson, Alabama and the book's title.

      If you are logged into eBay, once you have done a search and the results are displayed, you can click Save This Search and give it a name, and eBay will run that search every day and email you any new listings in the last 24 hours which match your search.

      This is an absolute gold mine for genealogists. I have found items from my grandfather's drug store and my great grandfather's haberdashery this way, and it would be great for finding a copy of that book whenever one is listed.

      You also may find you get results in your search that you are not interested in. If those are for the same type of item over and over again, you can tell it to exclude any listing that contains a certain word by putting a minus sign in front of that word. Example: If there was a Stevenson Dairy somewhere, and their old milk bottles were showing up in your search every day and you didn't want to see them, you could put the following in your search to excldue them:

      stevenson -dairy