RE: [jacksongenealogy] Johnson/Treece/Clements

  • JLH
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 1, 2009
      Mrs. Lambert

      It is very nice to hear from you. Dave Treece was JA Treece my
      grandfather's brother. Irene lived on Long Hollow road as well she would
      visit my grandparents often. I remember her well. Sarah Sally Treece married
      Thomas Franklin Holcomb. My Grandmother Mima Treece was a Holcomb. I spent
      many long and happy summer days on Long Hollow road. My dad worked for
      Southern Railway so we could ride the train for free. I made the trip down
      by my self even as young as 10 on the train and spend weeks with my Grand
      parents. JA Treece was a veteran of WW1 and saw service at the Argonne
      Forest and at the Rock of the Marne he inspired me to enter the military and
      make a career of it.. My dad's family the Hamilton's all lived in Section
      and is buried at Bluff Cemetery. The family I have there now is Tony and
      Linda Hamilton and there sons Todd and Josh. Linda works at Jackson county
      hospital doing X rays and Tony works for TVA. My wife and I visit about
      twice a year. I am trying to find out when they gather to work on Bluff
      cemetery. Also I have extensive research on the Treece family going back to
      before the Revolutionary war. The Treece's even fought in that war as well.
      I cannot take credit however the vast majority of it was done by another
      gentleman. Also there was a church on Long Hollow Rd as well do you by
      chance remember it? I have a lot of stories about that church.

      Larry Hamilton

      _____

      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 1, 2009
        Would the Church Be Emmanuel Baptist? Do you have any info on a Sarah
        Treece that married a Clements.she has a sister that married a
        Sherrill and then a Hastings another sister married a Guffey.

        --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "JLH" <hkatherinejohn@...>

        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 1, 2009
          I will look that up for you when I get home tonight.

          Larry Hamilton

          _____

          wrote:

          > Mrs. Lambert
          >
          > It is very nice to hear from you. Dave Treece was JA Treece my
          > grandfather's brother. Irene lived on Long Hollow road as well she
          would
          > visit my grandparents often. I remember her well. Sarah Sally
          Treece married
          > Thomas Franklin Holcomb. My Grandmother Mima Treece was a Holcomb.
          I spent
          > many long and happy summer days on Long Hollow road. My dad worked
          for
          > Southern Railway so we could ride the train for free. I made the
          trip down
          > by my self even as young as 10 on the train and spend weeks with my
          Grand
          > parents. JA Treece was a veteran of WW1 and saw service at the
          Argonne
          > Forest and at the Rock of the Marne he inspired me to enter the
          military and
          > make a career of it.. My dad's family the Hamilton's all lived in
          Section
          > and is buried at Bluff Cemetery. The family I have there now is
          Tony and
          > Linda Hamilton and there sons Todd and Josh. Linda works at Jackson
          county
          > hospital doing X rays and Tony works for TVA. My wife and I visit
          about
          > twice a year. I am trying to find out when they gather to work on
          Bluff
          > cemetery. Also I have extensive research on the Treece family going
          back to
          > before the Revolutionary war. The Treece's even fought in that war
          as well.
          > I cannot take credit however the vast majority of it was done by
          another
          > gentleman. Also there was a church on Long Hollow Rd as well do you
          by
          > chance remember it? I have a lot of stories about that church.
          >
          > Larry Hamilton
          >

          > _____
          >
          > From: jacksongenealogy@ <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com

        • Sharon Dover Romanek
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 1, 2009
            Would there happen to be a Dawson Clements in any of your trees? If so it connects to my Dover line and I would be thrilled to make a connection.

            Thanks,
            Sharon Dover Romanek
            Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
            Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...

            Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

            I hear ethereal whispers, persuasive,
            soft and still, "Daughter, if you don't
            remember us, who will ?"

            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 1, 2009
              Not that I know Of as far back as I have been able to Go on the
              Clements is my Greatgrandfather Walter Hugh Clements he came to
              Jackson county and Married Lucinda Caroline Manning. They were
              Married on 7 nov 1895.I can't find him any where before this.
              Family story goes that him and his brothers came to Jackson County
              and Changed their Names because they were in trouble somewhere.on
              census he said that he was born in NC.
              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Sharon Dover Romanek"
              <sromanek@...> wrote:

              > Would there happen to be a Dawson Clements in any of your trees? If
              so it connects to my Dover line and I would be thrilled to make a
              connection.

              > Thanks,
              > Sharon Dover Romanek
              > Primary e-mail: sromanek@...
              > Secondary e-mail: sromanek@...
              >
              > Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover, Shrader, Tyner, Johnston,
              Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, Demers, Murphy, Allen

              > I hear ethereal whispers, persuasive,
              > soft and still, "Daughter, if you don't
              > remember us, who will ?"

              02/28/09 17:21:00

            • Karl Plenge
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 1, 2009
                > My dad worked for Southern Railway

                Larry - where did your Dad work for Southern?

              • Sharon Dover Romanek

                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 1, 2009
                    He started out there in Jackson County I believe he started out working on
                    the tracks but he had a knack for electrical things and they put him in the
                    signal department. He was transferred to Harriman Tennessee. He then was
                    transferred to Knoxville. He at times was sent all over the south for a
                    while then he became a supervisor with the signal department.

                    Larry

                    _____

                    Larry - where did your Dad work for Southern?