Poorhouse Report 1884

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2009
      Richard

      Thomas J. Gullatt was the Poorhouse master at this time. I do wonder if the 2 children that are listed as inmates of the Poorhouse where in fact Thomas J. Gullatt's two grandnieces Elizabeth and Mary Thompson? They were grandchildren of Samuel and Lucinda (Gullatt) Thompson and children of Fowler Farley Thompson and Jane Morgan. Fowler and Jane died in 1879 and Lucinda in 1883/84 and the two young girls went to live in the county poorhouse. Elizabeth Morgan married Thomas J.'s son John in 1891 their decendants live in Huntsville.

      The Morgans are my "space ship relatives" who appeared from no where on the 1870 census. Jane 19 and John 10 Morgan were living the the Fowler/Farley and Lucinda Thompson on the census there was also a Sarah Morgan 17 living with David Clark's family on the 1870. I have never been able to find how these Morgans were related to the Gullatt/Clark family or where they lived before 1870.