Re: Gullatt Gold mines on Poorhouse Mountain

  • frances_lambert2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2009
      Clay I did have some of your Gold. When I was about 9 we lived at
      the foot of the mountain we would go over to the rock quarry and we
      found lot of the gold you are talking about. we would also walk to
      the top of the mountain I never saw the cemetery but I found the
      Spring and there was a hunters shack there. you could all the way to
      Scottsboro from the Bluff. Remember I also Walked across the Mountain
      when I was 2 years Old. I think that Richard said that his Dad was
      one of the Many that was looking for me.

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt
      <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

      > Richard
      >
      > Cousin Betty (Gullatt) Budlong sent me a newpaper article about
      the "Gullatt Gold Mine" but as you say it was "fools gold" which is
      iron pryite. She is the ower of the land where the Townsend-Gullatt
      house is and the land up the mountain including the top where
      the county Poorhouse used to be in the mid to late 1880s.

      > I read the article about the traveling store and the one published
      about your dad at al.com, his was "a life well lived". I hope that
      they can say that of mine when I'm gone.