Re: [jacksongenealogy] researching surnames

  • Wyona Moon
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10, 2001
      james, I have Jones family who lived near Paint Rock River. My great
      grandfather was Andrew Jackson Jones son of Enoch Jones and Caroline Abigail
      Tate Jones. He was born about 1841 and married Louisa M. Moon.
      Wyona Moon
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 11, 2001
        Wyona,
        Thanks for your response. My Jones connection was Elijah Jones b. 1810 and resided in Paint Rock area till 1839. Your gg grandfather Enoch could very well have been a sibling, do you have anymore data on him?
        Thanks,
        James
      • Richard Matthews
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 11, 2001
          james, I have Jones family who lived near Paint Rock River. My great
          grandfather was Andrew Jackson Jones son of Enoch Jones and Caroline Abigail
          Tate Jones. He was born about 1841 and married Louisa M. Moon.
          Wyona Moon

          Wyona, I have Moons and Jones on my Mother's side of the family.

          Jefferson Jones was her Father he had a brother Frank
          Alice Manning was her Mother, Alice's Mother was a Moon

          Both parents were from the Powder Spring, Georgia area.

          My Jones' lived for a while at Fern Cliff on Sand mountain

          Richard
        • E&L Bowers
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 11, 2001
            Richard, I have Mannings in my family from JCA. Malinda Potter married James C. Manning, s/o William C. s/o George Washing, s/o Job Manning. Would any of these tie in with your Alice Manning?
            Also researching MORGAN, POTTER, PACE, HOLDRIDGE, CAVER, COWARD/T from Jackson Co.
            Lois Teel Bowers

          • grantinput@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 13, 2001
              I have a William Manning who married Elizabeth Moon. They were both born
              about 1807. The children I have are: James, Bradford, William L,
              Alexandria, Sarah, M M, S H.

              I am especially anxious to find this Moon as I cannot locate where in TN she
              came from before they came to Jackson County. Her parents were John and Mary
              Moon (pastor of Union Primitive Baptist Church) and I have her siblings.

              Pam Lain
            • sromanek
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 15, 2001
                May I ask who the Johnstons are that you are researching James? I am a descendant of this line:
                John (I) Johnston & Unknown
                John (II) Johnston & Mary Dougan
                Thomas (I) Johnston & Mary Collier
                William Johnston & Margaret Collier (Colyer)
                John C. Johnston & Mary Ann McCollum
                William Thomas Johnston & Martha Ellen Shrader
                Malinda Johnston & William Washington Kirksey
                Lillie Mae Kirksey & John Franklin Dover
                Charles Raymond Dover I & Cora Belle Williams
                Sharon Denise Dover (me) & Steven John Romanek

                >From William Thomas on down they were located in the Jackson County area of Al, but from there back were mostly in Tenn, Va. and N.C. I would love to share notes if we connect. Malinda is said to have died in Wannville in 1913, but I have never found records of another marriage or her death or burial. She and William Washington Kirksey divorced when she was quite young, so I assume she may have re-married. She was only 17 when they married and they may have split by the time she was in her very early 20's. My Granny was her daughter, and was very young when her father took her and her brother and left Malinda and took them back across to DeKalb County, across the Mt.

                Thanks,
                Sharon Dover Romanek

                Fax:( 305)675-8045.
                e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
                sromanek@...

                Researching: Romanek, Gucwa, Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 16, 2001
                  Sharon,
                  The Johnston I was looking for was Michael Johnston who was a companion of my ggg grandfather Elijah Jones and whose families came to Arkansas together. Later decendants of these families I believe married here in Arkansas. Michael Johnston married Cynthia Pense, I do not have anything before this couple or before their residing in Alabama (they left Jackson County about 1839). This does not mean your Johnstons are not connected, will keep your email in case your names show up in my research.
                  Thanks for your response,
                  James
                • sromanek