Re: To be added to burial records Old Baptist Cemetery in Hollywood

  • bluebill68
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 25, 2009
      This didn't register with me at first until now. Mary Talley married
      James Clyde Maynor, a cousin of mine, who died on Jun. 19, 2007.
      They had one son, James Christopher Maynor.

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Regina Pipes" <rgpipes@...>
      wrote:

      > Mary died not long ago, only a few months. She was first married
      to Wilburn
      > COOLEY. They had three children: Kenneth, Patricia and Gayle.
      After
      > Wilburn died Mary married a MAYNOR and they had one son.
      >

      > Mary and Wilburn use to live close to the Scottsboro Country Club.
      I think
      > her parents lived just down the road from them.
      >

      > One of the TALLEY's men brought dirt into the cemetery for us to
      build up my
      > parents graves and he also put curbing around then for us. I want
      to think
      > it was Biggum.

      Baptist
      > Cemetery in Hollywood
      >

      > Biggum, son of William Lee "Bill" Talley and Bertha Arrington, did
      have a
      > sister, Mary.
      > He also had Bonnie, James Floyd, Androckles, Edith, and Ruby.
      These are all
      > the children I have for William and Bertha. What was the Cooley
      name that
      > Mary married? I don't have any spouses for her. Biggum is the
      only one I
      > have information on.
      > Clarence Moore and Virgie Lou Moore Talley (wife of Biggum) were
      brother and
      > sister.
      >
      > Charles Talley did attend school at Hollywood, was tall and thim
      until his
      > death. It's probably the same one you remember.
      >
      > --- On Sun, 2/1/09, Regina Pipes <rgpipes@...
      > <mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net> > wrote:
      >
      > From: Regina Pipes <rgpipes@... <mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net> >
      > Subject: RE: [jacksongenealogy] To be added to burial records Old
      Baptist
      > Cemetery in Hollywood
      > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 7:51 PM
      >
      > I think Biggum was the brother of my Aunt Mary TALLEY COOLEY
      MAYNOR. My dad
      > was also related to Clarence MOORE but don't remember how.
      >
      > I went to school at Hollywood with a Charles TALLEY but don't know
      if this
      > is the same one. He was tall and thin or at least when we were in
      School.
      > Regina

      I had him