Thomas Lewis Dent in Mississippi County MO----Cagle family?

  • robert_s_63134
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2009
      Hi!

      I recently learned that my 3rd gr grandfather Thomas Lewis Dent moved
      from Pope County IL to Mississippi County, MO sometime in 1895 or very
      early 1896. He was born in Jackson County AL about 1825, to Joseph
      Dent and Mary Lucinda Dent. The family moved to Pope County Il in
      1855. You can find Tom Dent in the 1850 Jackson County census; I have
      also found him in the Road order books in 1854.

      This move to MS County, MO was quite a surprise. So in checking
      records in that county, I came across the name Cagle. I know there
      were many Cagles in Jackson County, AL. Do any of you Cagle
      researchers or Cagle family members know of a move to this part of MO?
      One of the reasons I'm surprised about Tom Dent moving there was that I
      cannot find any Dent family members moving into that county. He had
      one grandson who practiced medicine briefly in Stoddard County MO, but
      that was it. So now I'm wondering if the reason for his move to MS
      County might be a connection with the Cagle family.

      Robert Schneider