Re: [jacksongenealogy] Black Ankle Cemetary

  • Richard Matthews
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 2, 2001
      Ruby and group,

      The lists I posted give the location by the name of the quadrangle map they
      appear on in the government mapping service. Pisgah appears on the Henegar
      map. that is a bit confusing but that is how they do it.

      No, sorry I am not a brother to Joyce. My known Jackson County Mathews
      lineage is:

      Walker Mathews of Mathews Cove Big Coon valley
      James Mathews
      William Mathews
      James William Mathews
      Charles Benjamin Matthews
      Me

      Richard

      Thank you Richard for the wealth of information. I wonder why you list
      small towns like Pisgah, AL under Henagar? Are you listing them by the
      telephone companies? There is a Friendship Baptist Church at Pisgah. Are
      you listing that as well under Henagar? Also, I think I know you from when
      you were a little boy. Are you by chance, Joyce Matthews brother? If so, a
      great big hello to you. Tell Joyce I said hello, and I would love to hear
      from her and you. I am the former Ruby Headrick. Joyce was married to my
      brother, Melvin, for a time.

      Ruby

      Service.