RE: [jacksongenealogy] To be added to burial records Old Baptist Cemetery in Hollywood

  • Sam
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
      Yes, the graves are at the back, beside William L (Biggum) Talley, and behind Dolly Mae Clark.� Donna Sullivan is on the other side. of them.� Donna is granddaughter of Clarence Moore.

      Lisa Annette Talley
      Oct 28, 1971
      Oct 30, 1971....beside Lisa is:

      Charles Thomas Talley
      Sept 27, 1947
      May 12, 2006....beside him is:

      Rev. Hubert Talley
      May 16, 1941
      Nov 28, 2006

      There are some Carters in the upper part on the right side going in.� I would have to go back to the cemetery to get the info off the stones.

      I was by there Saturday, and the cemetery looked great.� I agree we need to kill the roots of the Mimosa before they spring back.� Let me know if you all get a fund started to keep the cemetery clean.� A lot of people have told me they would contribute if they only knew where to send the money, and with someone over it that they could trust.� I would dearly love to see some of the huge Oak trees trimmed or removed completely.� It would cost a small fortune to have them removed.� It gets a little sticky when you mention this to some people.� My cousin used to be the county investigator, and I had him to speak to a lawyer about removing the trees, He said permission would have to be gotten from all who had family there in case some damage was done to some of the stones.� Someone would have to be responsible.� Keep us updated on the cemetery,
      Thanks,
      sam
      Sam

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
        I think Biggum was the brother of my Aunt Mary TALLEY COOLEY MAYNOR. My dad
        was also related to Clarence MOORE but don't remember how.

        I went to school at Hollywood with a Charles TALLEY but don't know if this
        is the same one. He was tall and thin or at least when we were in School.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
          Biggum, son of William Lee "Bill" Talley and Bertha Arrington, did have a sister, Mary.
          He also had Bonnie, James Floyd, Androckles, Edith, and Ruby.  These are all the children I have for William and Bertha.  What was the Cooley name that Mary married?  I don't have any spouses for her.  Biggum is the only one I have information on.
          Clarence Moore and Virgie Lou Moore Talley (wife of Biggum) were brother and sister.

          Charles Talley did attend school at Hollywood, was tall and thim until his death.  It's probably the same one you remember.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
            Mary died not long ago, only a few months. She was first married to Wilburn
            COOLEY. They had three children: Kenneth, Patricia and Gayle. After
            Wilburn died Mary married a MAYNOR and they had one son.

            Mary and Wilburn use to live close to the Scottsboro Country Club. I think
            her parents lived just down the road from them.

            One of the TALLEY�s men brought dirt into the cemetery for us to build up my
            parents graves and he also put curbing around then for us. I want to think
            it was Biggum.

            From: Regina Pipes <rgpipes@... <mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net> >
            Cemetery in Hollywood
            To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 25, 2009
              This didn't register with me at first until now. Mary Talley married
              James Clyde Maynor, a cousin of mine, who died on Jun. 19, 2007.
              They had one son, James Christopher Maynor.

              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Regina Pipes" <rgpipes@...>
              wrote:

              > Mary died not long ago, only a few months. She was first married
              to Wilburn
              > COOLEY. They had three children: Kenneth, Patricia and Gayle.
              After
              > Wilburn died Mary married a MAYNOR and they had one son.
              >

              > Mary and Wilburn use to live close to the Scottsboro Country Club.
              I think
              > her parents lived just down the road from them.
              >

              > One of the TALLEY's men brought dirt into the cemetery for us to
              build up my
              > parents graves and he also put curbing around then for us. I want
              to think
              > it was Biggum.

              Baptist