To be added to burial records Old Baptist Cemetery in Hollywood

  • Regina Pipes
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2009
      Frances Virginia WISE BROWN

      Born: Death: Jan. 23, 2008

      Agnes STROUD CRAWFORD

      Born: March 22, 1922 Death: July 24, 2005

      Lillie Mae COLLINS CARLTON

      Born: June 12, 1916 Death: Aug. 13, 2006

      Robert Edward EVANS, Sr.

      Born: March 3, 1929 Death: April 16, 2005

      Irene HELTON

      Born Aug. 26, 1913 Death Aug 24, 2006

      James Lee HADRIC

      Born: March 19, 1949 Death: Feb. 25, 2008

      Herman HOLT

      Born: June 27, 1943 Death: Nov. 5, 2000

      Lillie Faye HUMPHREY

      Born: Oct. 31, 1945 Death: March 2, 2006

      Jim Ed LEDBETTER

      Born: 1932 Death: Jan 31, 2006

      His Mother:

      Louise LEDBETTER

      Born: Death: May 3, 2005

      Myrtle TALLEY MCCORMICK

      Born: Death: March 9, 2007

      Clinese PROVENS

      Born: Oct. 3, 1925 Death: Mar. 14, 2006

      Tony Charles TRIMEW

      Born: July 2, 1992 Died: Jan. 25, 2004

      Donna Lynn PHILLIPS SULLIVAN

      Born: Death Feb. 3, 2004

      Eddie James VINSON

      Born: April 1, 1934 Death: Nov. 29, 2004

      Russell GRIDER

      Born: Death: March, 1999

      Dollie Mae MOORE WISE CLARK

      Born: July 11,1928 Died: July 20, 2005

      These were missed during the charting of the cemetery by Randy and Jane
      NICHOLS. They did a great job. I can see how easily stones can be missed
      as my brother, Michael GRIDER dug Walter HICKMAN�S out from under layers of
      dirt, leaves and other garbage.

      Sallie MORRIS LATHAM

      Born: 1863 Death 1942

      Sallie�s Husband Ephraim LATHAM on stone it is E L LATHAM

      Born: 1862 Death: 1919

      Their grandson

      Walter Thomas HICKMAN

      Born: June 28, 1914 Death: Aug 21, 1979

    • Sam
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2009
        REgina,
        There are several more stones that have been added since Randy and Jane charted that cemetery. They didn't miss them, they weren't there at the time. There are some Carters, Clarence Mooore, as well as some Talleys.
        My family erected a stone for a niece, Lisa Annette Talley, which only had a marker. We also put the ashes of Hubert and Charles Talley there and set a memory stone for them, so that maybe 100 years from now someone might find them if they were looking for them. It's only ashes, but none the less, they are there.
        Sam

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 31, 2009
          Clarence MOORE already had a stone up but they did add his death date. I also have that if I was able to add to the one Jane and Randy did. I also have a few other death dates where there was already stones up. If you would send me the ones that you put a stone up for I would love to add them to the ones I have. Are they buried in the back part of the cemetery close to the other TALLEYS and close to the MOORES?

          Thanks

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
            Yes, the graves are at the back, beside William L (Biggum) Talley, and behind Dolly Mae Clark.� Donna Sullivan is on the other side. of them.� Donna is granddaughter of Clarence Moore.

            Lisa Annette Talley
            Oct 28, 1971
            Oct 30, 1971....beside Lisa is:

            Charles Thomas Talley
            Sept 27, 1947
            May 12, 2006....beside him is:

            Rev. Hubert Talley
            May 16, 1941
            Nov 28, 2006

            There are some Carters in the upper part on the right side going in.� I would have to go back to the cemetery to get the info off the stones.

            I was by there Saturday, and the cemetery looked great.� I agree we need to kill the roots of the Mimosa before they spring back.� Let me know if you all get a fund started to keep the cemetery clean.� A lot of people have told me they would contribute if they only knew where to send the money, and with someone over it that they could trust.� I would dearly love to see some of the huge Oak trees trimmed or removed completely.� It would cost a small fortune to have them removed.� It gets a little sticky when you mention this to some people.� My cousin used to be the county investigator, and I had him to speak to a lawyer about removing the trees, He said permission would have to be gotten from all who had family there in case some damage was done to some of the stones.� Someone would have to be responsible.� Keep us updated on the cemetery,
            Thanks,
            sam
            Sam

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
              I think Biggum was the brother of my Aunt Mary TALLEY COOLEY MAYNOR. My dad
              was also related to Clarence MOORE but don't remember how.

              I went to school at Hollywood with a Charles TALLEY but don't know if this
              is the same one. He was tall and thin or at least when we were in School.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
                Biggum, son of William Lee "Bill" Talley and Bertha Arrington, did have a sister, Mary.
                He also had Bonnie, James Floyd, Androckles, Edith, and Ruby.  These are all the children I have for William and Bertha.  What was the Cooley name that Mary married?  I don't have any spouses for her.  Biggum is the only one I have information on.
                Clarence Moore and Virgie Lou Moore Talley (wife of Biggum) were brother and sister.

                Charles Talley did attend school at Hollywood, was tall and thim until his death.  It's probably the same one you remember.

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
                  Mary died not long ago, only a few months. She was first married to Wilburn
                  COOLEY. They had three children: Kenneth, Patricia and Gayle. After
                  Wilburn died Mary married a MAYNOR and they had one son.

                  Mary and Wilburn use to live close to the Scottsboro Country Club. I think
                  her parents lived just down the road from them.

                  One of the TALLEY�s men brought dirt into the cemetery for us to build up my
                  parents graves and he also put curbing around then for us. I want to think
                  it was Biggum.

                  From: Regina Pipes <rgpipes@... <mailto:rgpipes%40hughes.net> >
                  Cemetery in Hollywood
                  To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                  <mailto:jacksongenealogy%40yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 25, 2009
                    This didn't register with me at first until now. Mary Talley married
                    James Clyde Maynor, a cousin of mine, who died on Jun. 19, 2007.
                    They had one son, James Christopher Maynor.

                    --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Regina Pipes" <rgpipes@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Mary died not long ago, only a few months. She was first married
                    to Wilburn
                    > COOLEY. They had three children: Kenneth, Patricia and Gayle.
                    After
                    > Wilburn died Mary married a MAYNOR and they had one son.
                    >

                    > Mary and Wilburn use to live close to the Scottsboro Country Club.
                    I think
                    > her parents lived just down the road from them.
                    >

                    > One of the TALLEY's men brought dirt into the cemetery for us to
                    build up my
                    > parents graves and he also put curbing around then for us. I want
                    to think
                    > it was Biggum.

                    Baptist