help

  • Richard Matthews
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 8, 1999
      Need info on James M. Matthews/Mathis. I found him and his family in the
      1870 census at Raleigh Ms. The name was spelled "Mathews"at that time,but on
      his Civil War enlistment records it was spelled "Mathis. He enlisted at
      Pigion Roost, Choctaw county Ms.,by Col. John A.Orr in Co. E, Orr's Reg't
      Miss. vols..I was told he was born in Alabama, his father name was James,his
      father father was named William and they come from Virginia to Alabama. He
      (James M.) was born aprox. 1819 and tht he had two brothers born 1826 &
      1831: And four Sisters born 1815,1817,1833 & 1835. E-mail
      vell@...
    • Richard Matthews
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 1999
        Hi,
        I'm looking for the marriage record of Andrew Jackson Cleveland and
        Easter/Esther Sullinger - married 1-12-1848. She was a Choctaw Indian.

        Can you direct me as to where I might find this information?

        Thanks
        Mary
        bhartlc@...