Re: [jacksongenealogy] John Payne Harper - Payne was middle name

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2009
      This was John Payne Harper, Payne was his middle name from his Mother's maiden name Margery Payne.. John P. Harper was b. 22 Mar 1790 Bedford Co. VA d. 20 Jun 1862 Scottsboro AL. Married Martha "Patsy" Phillips 13 Mar 1813 Madison Co. AL.

      John's parents were Robert and Margery (Payne) Harper they married 21 Dec 1787 Bedford Co. VA. Margery Payne parents were John and Mary (LNU) Payne, John Payne parents were Flayle Payne and Jane (Booth) Payne Frederick Co. MD.

      I don't know if any of the VA Paynes came south with Robert and Margery.

      Clay