Re: [jacksongenealogy] Dent Family

  • John Green
    Message 1 of 44 , Jan 7, 2009
      Bill,

      You have my pedigree down pat. I have to admit, I know less about my
      Green line than my McCollum, Henshaw and Reid lines. Most of my info
      is based on Mabry's family tree drawing and a book by Anna Lee Green
      Hickman entitled "From Whence We Came: A History of the Greens and
      related families from Middle Tennessee and North Alabama". The family
      tree only goes back to Isaac and Mary Green with three other siblings
      identified. The book includes the earliest of our line in Lincoln
      County TN and based on the children identified when Nancy Green's will
      was probated. More siblings are identified in the will than on the
      tree, but the names can be matched with a little editorial license for
      misspellings. If this Nancy is indeed the mother of Isaac Green, she
      arrived prior to 1820 and was listed as head of household in that
      census. My oldest McCollum relative that I have identified is Nancy
      McCollum who is also found in the 1820 Lincoln County census and in
      fact is a near neighbor to Nancy Green. In fact on just three pages of
      the census there are 11 women listed as heads of household. The Greens
      came from Virginia while the McCollums came from North Carolina. The
      Ralph Arnold whose two daughters married McCollum brothers also came to
      Lincoln County prior to 1820 and live in the same area (somewhere near
      Flintville, TN).

    • John Green
      Message 44 of 44 , Jan 7, 2009