Re: Bowers

  • Raymond A. Shirley, Sr.
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 8, 1999
      Becky Stewart wrote:

      > From: Becky Stewart <becky1@...>
      >
      > Are there any Census record for 1840 and 1830? I am looking for Adam
      > Bowers, wife Susannah, and children. They appear in the 1850 Census.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Becky Stewart

      > What do lizards and rock music have in common?
      > http://www.onelist.com
      > They both have communities at ONElist. Find yours today!

      Yes, there are census records for both 1830 and 1840.
      Ray Shirley
    • Becky Stewart
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 14, 1999
        Does anyone know if there is a lookup person for Jackson County? If so
        is there a census for 1840? I am looking for Adam Bower, wife
        Susannah, they are listed in the 1850 Census.

        Thanks
        Becky Stewart
      • CLSwagler@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 15, 1999
          Becky - I have a copy of the 1840 census at home. If you haven't received an
          answer from anyone else by the time you read this, please email me at my
          house (clswagler@...) and I'll look it up for you. (I'm at work now).

          Cindy
        • jewel casey
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 15, 1999
            Becky, there is a census for Jackson County, AL, but as you know only the
            head o household is named.
            Adam Bowers
            1 male 30-40 1 female 20-30
            2 male 10-15 1 female 10-15
            1 male - 5 1 female - 5

            There is a Samuel Bowers living next door to Adam, who is probably his
            parents.

            Samuel Bowers
            1 male 50-60 1 female 50-60
            1 male 20-30 1 female 20-30
            2 male - 5 3 female 15-20

            Hope this helps
            Jewel Casey
            >Does anyone know if there is a lookup person for Jackson County? If so
            >is there a census for 1840? I am looking for Adam Bower, wife
            >Susannah, they are listed in the 1850 Census.
            >
            >Thanks
            >Becky Stewart

            >The planet's eCenter for health & well-being. PlanetRX.

          • Becky Stewart
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 15, 1999
              Jewel thanks so much, this is wonderful. Do you have a 1830 Census?

              Becky Stewart

              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 16, 1999
                No, I do not have the 1830 Jackson County, AL census but the library has the
                index. I have the 1840, 1850, 1870 and 1880 census for Jackson County. Glad
                the info I sent helped.
                Jewel
                >Jewel thanks so much, this is wonderful. Do you have a 1830 Census?
                >
                >Becky Stewart
                >
                >jewel casey wrote:
                >
                >> From: "jewel casey" <jcasey@...>
                >>
                >> Becky, there is a census for Jackson County, AL, but as you know only the
                >> head o household is named.
                >> Adam Bowers
                >> 1 male 30-40 1 female 20-30
                >> 2 male 10-15 1 female 10-15
                >> 1 male - 5 1 female - 5
                >>
                >> There is a Samuel Bowers living next door to Adam, who is probably his
                >> parents.
                >>
                >> Samuel Bowers
                >> 1 male 50-60 1 female 50-60
                >> 1 male 20-30 1 female 20-30
                >> 2 male - 5 3 female 15-20
                >>
                >> Hope this helps
                >> Jewel Casey

              • Becky Stewart
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 24, 1999
                  Can anyone tell me where District 19, is located in the county as
                  referenced in the 1850 Census for Jackson Cty., AL.

                  Thanks
                  Becky
                • RustyHouk@xxx.xxx
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 24, 1999
                    Hi Becky: I don't know where District 19 is in Jackson County, but your
                    surname interests me. Are you of the Stewart and Bowers families around
                    Woodville, Jackson County, AL? If so, I would like to share info with you.
                    Kenneth W. Houk (rustyhouk@...).
                  • Becky Stewart
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 3, 1999
                      Did anyone every find out where District 19 in Jackson Cty., was in the
                      1850 & 60 census. I don't find a map on the county site, it there one
                      anywhere?????
                      Becky
                    • Tracy Lynn Wilson
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 3, 1999
                        Hi Becky,

                        I'm sorry I haven't gotten to this yet. I'll try to find this for you
                        tomorrow.

                        Tracy Fossett Wilson
                        Jackson Co., AL
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 7, 1999
                          Becky, as far as I can find out there were only 3 districts in 1850, -19, 20
                          and 21. Dist. # 21 was around what is now Hollytree and Princeton and the
                          north east part of Jackson County. This will tell you that Dist 19 and 20
                          were farther south than Hollytree. Hope this helps.
                          Jewel
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 22, 1999
                            Just anyother Bowers question......On the Jackson County site, in the
                            marriage book, does it list any parents of the bride or groom

                            Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All
                            Becky
                          • Becky Stewart
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 16, 2000
                              I think I will try again too. Been quite awhile since I posted this
                              line.
                              The following was found in the Jackson Cty., AL, census of 1840 & 1850
                              Adam Bowers b. abt 1803 in VA, wife Susannah b. abt 1805 in GA.
                              Children:
                              1. John Bowers born 1830 in TN
                              2. William James Bowers born 1847 in AL
                              3. Thomas P. Bowes born 1837 in AL
                              4. Isaac Newton Bowers born 1845 in AL
                              this is the know children. Living with Adam & Susannah was Mary, was
                              she a child? Living next door to them was Martha and James Bowers were
                              the also children. It is believed that Samuel is Adam's father. By the
                              1860 census they are living in McNairy Cty., TN.

                              Love to hear from someone.

                              Becky Stewart
                              becky1@...
                            • Becky Stewart
                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 19, 2000
                                My search is back to Jackson County, AL. Adam and Susannah Darnell
                                Bowers, 1840 & 1850 Census, for Jackson Cty., Dist. 19. Children are
                                Mary, John, Louisa, Thomas, Isaac & William, living next door was son
                                James Darnell Bowers and wife Martha, their son John.
                                Adam & family by 1860 were in McNairy County, TN about 1853. There is
                                no listing in the census for McNairy County for Mary and Louisa, did
                                they stay in Jackson County, AL?
                                In the 1840 Census for Jackson Cty. Samuel is living next door, he is a
                                brother to Adam. But in the 1850 Census, Samuel is not listed. In 1850
                                Ansel and wife Susan Bowers, are they connected to Adam & Samuel?

                                Anyone!!

                                Regards
                                Becky Stewart