Viruses and Blocking People

  • John Moore
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 6, 2001
      Be sure to check with a reputable virus firm such as Symantec before
      spreading info about what you think is a virus. In the office, I probably
      get one or two “warnings” a week on fictitious viruses. I’ve yet to get a
      warning that is real. The fact is that your ISP, and yahoo and others are
      constantly checking e-mails for viruses. They would probably know about them
      before any user. In any event use a good virus program and keep it up to
      date. Following is info on the sulfnbk.exe “virus”.

      http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 6, 2001
        The SULFNBK Virus is a Hoax How many more emails will the room receive
        before we get back to geneaology,? Richard asked us to restrict our emails
        to Geneaology. I know I am breaking that request but, when is enough enough?
        Jim
      • Richard Matthews
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2001
          Thanks Jim, yes please take the virus discussion offline by using direct email. I know eveyone gets excited when a virus is mentioned but in an earlier email I posted that attachments are now blocked on this list and the offending member can no longer submit posts.

          If anyone would like to discuss this in more detail please write me direct at prm@....

          Please use the list for Jackson County genealogy post only.

          Thank You and happy hunting.

          Richard