Re: Dent Family - Early Jackson Co. Settlers ( Hall )

  • robert_s_63134
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2008
      Hi!

      I will have to get back into my Hall family notes. I can tell you
      right off hand that one Hall family moved into Pope County, IL. I
      know this because Mary Lucinda Dent did a land transaction with
      William J. Hall in 1855. This William Hall was called Jeeter. His
      family was in Jackson County in the early 1850s. Once again, I
      suspect that Mary Lucinda might have had a family connection with
      this Hall family. They all moved to Pope together. Mary Lucinda
      Dent bought land from Jeeter. Thomas Lewis Dent, Mary's son, bought
      land from Jeeter. All suggestive of blood connection.
      Unfortunately, as we all know, this isn't definitive.

      Robert Schneider

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Kyle Davenport
      <kdavenpo@...> wrote:

      > My 4th great grandfather was James Hall. There is a James Hall in
      this
      > list of Petitioners on Indian Lands in 1819 -

      http://files.usgwarchives.net/al/jackson/history/other/1819indiansquat
      .txt