Re: [jackson-co] Williams from Jackson County, Trenton and Paint Rock

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2008
      According to the 1910 Census you have Rebecca's middle initial wrong it is J. (Jane)

      Wm L. Williams m. Rebecca Jane Kennedy 12 Aug 1880 Jackson Co. AL by MOG J. O. Robertson, Jordan Dodd, Liahona Research you can order a copy from the Jackson County Courthouse at Scottsboro.

      I will give the Kennedys first.

      1880 Township 3 Range 3 (this is Paint Rock) Jackson Co. AL
      Ezekiel Kennedy 42 Head Farmer AL --- KY
      Sarah E. 32 Wife Keeping House AL KY SC
      Richard G. 16 Son Fariming AL AL AL
      Rebecca J. 14 Dau At Home AL AL AL
      Jas. J. 12 Son Farming AL AL AL
      George W. 9 Son At Home AL AL AL
      Thomas W. 4 Son At Home AL AL AL
      Elizabeth 12 Dau At Home AL AL AL

      1870 Township 3 Range 3 (Paint Roct) Scottsboro PO. JC AL
      Ezekiel Kenedy 34 Farmer AL
      Sarah E. 22 Keeping House AL
      Richard G. 7 AL
      Rebecca J. 4 AL
      Jameas J. 3 AL
      George Berry 20 (black) Farm Laborer AL
      Vina Robinson 21 (mullato) Farm Laborer MISS

      Ezekiel Kennedy m. Sarah L. Cruse 29 Jul 1862 Jackson Co. AL by JOP E. C. Williams, Jordan Dodd, Laihona Research

      1860 Paint Rock PO Dist 4 JC AL
      House/Family 80
      Elizabeth Kenedy 53 KY
      Ezekail 22 Farmer AL
      Joseph 21 Farmer AL
      Henry 27 Farmer AL
      Napoleon 15 Farmer AL

      Living next door is

      House/Family 81
      Jacob Cruse 53 Farmer KY
      Mahaly 38 NC
      Sarah 12 AL
      Robt 10 AL
      Rachel J. 8 AL
      J. W. 6 (male) AL
      David 4 AL

      1850 Dist 21 JC AL
      Elizabeth Canada 40 KY
      James N. 16 Laborer KY
      Sarah J. 15 AL
      Ezekial 11 AL
      Joseph 8 AL
      Henry 6 AL
      Napolean B.4

      1850 Dist 21 JC AL
      Jacob Crews 43 Tenant KY
      Mahala 27 SC
      Sarah E. 2 AL
      Robert S. 5 months AL
      Nancy Holenshi? 10 AL

      Note: Changes in spelling of last name Canada/Kenedy/Kennedy. Someone else is researching this family as they have changed the spelling to Kennedy for Joseph and Napoleon B. on ancestry.com for 1850. You can contact this researcher by going to the 1850 click on Record for Joseph or Napoleon B. then click on the correction. There are other familes with the Canana spelling on the 1850. Also spelling of Cruse/Crews.

      Now the Williams.

      On the 1880 they are indexed as Williamson. William L. Williams is indexec as William T. Williamson I have not made any notes changing this on ancestry.com

      1880 Township 3 Range 3 JC AL
      J. W. Williamson 46 Head Farmer AL NC NC
      M. C. 46 Wife Wife Keeping House AL NC TN
      William T. (L) 18 Farming  (all b. AL)
      Millie G. 15 At Home
      Alcy A. M. 10 At Home
      F. M. Atchlov?? (Atchloy?) 21 Laborer AL

      1870 TS 3 Range 4 Scottsboro PO JC AL
      John Williams 37 Farmer AL
      Margaret C. 38 Keeping House AL
      Sarah E. 17 AL (all children b. AL)
      Martha J. 16
      Nancy E. 11
      William L. 8
      Milly J. 3
      John S. Berry 17 Farm Laborer AL

      1860 Township 3 Range 3 JC AL
      J. W. Williams 27 Farming AL
      Margaret 27 AL
      Elizabeth 7 AL
      M. J. (female) 3 AL
      N. E. (female) 1 AL

      John W. Williams m. Margaret Carden 19 Feb 1852 Jackson Co. AL by JOP R. C. Austin, Jordan Dodd, Laihona Researach

      1850 Dist 21 JC AL
      E. C. Williams 39 Farmer TN
      Sarah 37 SC
      John 17  AL
      Nancy J. 13 AL
      Jamima 10 AL
      Jonathon 8 AL
      James K. P. 6 AL
      Thomas W. 4 AL
      Sanford Berry 21 Laborer AL
      Mahala Berry 19 AL
      Sarah E. Berry 2 AL
      Daniel McPhail 65 SC

      1850 Dist 21 JC AL
      Leonard Cardin 22???? Farmer NC (age probably 52)
      Margaret 46 GA
      Margaret 17 (all children b. AL)
      Martha A. 15
      Sarah 11
      Leonard 7
      John L. 5
      Josiah Berry 15 Laborer TN

      The older Leonard Cardin/Carden's age is wrong as on the 1840 it is between 40 and 50 so on the 1850 it is likely 52. Margaret is apparently a widow on the 1860.

      I am sending this to the jacksongenealogy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com as I know there are Paint Rock Valley Williams researchers who belong to that group, I don't know if it is for the same family.

      If you do not have access to the marriages at ancestry.com some one in one of the Jackson Co. Groups will look them up for you and they are posted at the Jackson Co. Web sites.

      Clay Gullatt
      Moderator