Combined Service Records CSA at footnote.com and a personal note

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2008
      Don't know whether this went through as I did not get a copy back, so here is a re-post.

      Annette

      These are the NARA Records. I have a subscription to footnote.com which has put the records on line. I read through William A. White's service record and posted the extracts. The records are on a series of cards. Some times there is only one card at other times there are dozens. William A. had 26. It is not exactly easy to find the correct person unless you have his unit and state or they have an unusual name, having Co. H and 2ND SC rifles was a big help.

      Footnote is currently working on posting the Civil War Widows Pensions list, only 8% so far.

      Some of footnote's records are fee such as Brady's Civil War Photos, you would need to go the website to see what is free.

      In addition footnote's images are new digital images so are much clearer that what you have previously got from NARA.

      The Rev. War Pensions and rolls are also on footnote.

      I do lookups.

      Clay

      As a personal note my youngest brother Tommy under went quad. by surgery suscessfully last Friday and is doing well. He also had a kidney transplant a couple of years ago so we were very worried since there was a chance his kidney would stop woring. I want to thank everyone who has email me about him.