Combined Service Records CSA at footnote.com

  • Clay Gullatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2008
      Annette

      These are NARA Records. I have a subscription to footnote.com which has put the records on line. I read through William A. White's service record and posted the extracts. The records are on a series of cards. Some times there is only one card at other times there are dozens, William A. had 26. It is not exactly easy to find the correct person unless you have his unit and state or they have an unusal name, having Co.H and 2nd SC Rifles was a big help.

      Footnote is currently working on posting the Civil War Widows Pensions lists, only 8% so far.

      Some of footnote's records are free such as Brady's Civil War Photos, you would need to go to the website to see what is free.