Re: [jacksongenealogy] Digest Number 315

  • boomerb@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
      'jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com' wrote:
      ====
      - There are 5 messages in this issue.
      -
      - Topics in this digest:
      -
      - 1. unsubscribe
      - From: "Pat jones" <pwjones@...>
      - 2. Re: Digest Number 313
      - From: boomerb@...
      - 3. Re: Digest Number 314
      - From: boomerb@...
      - 4. Virus Info!! I got one passed throught the list. Please read. I want to help!!
      - From: "sromanek" <sromanek@...>
      - ...'

      > Take a look to the attachment.
    • sromanek
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2001
        Does anyone on the list other than me get e-mail from the list that contains a virus attachment? I have gotten three messages so far from the list that say they contain viruses. They come from boomerb@.... Does anyone know who this is? Is this person really on the list, and having problems, or do we have someone stiring things up a little bit. Just wondered if it was only me. Hope to hear back from someone on this. My last message concerning this was not recognized by anyone. The body of the message contained this:

        'jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com' wrote:
        ====
        - There are 5 messages in this issue.
        -
        - Topics in this digest:
        -
        -       1. unsubscribe
        -            From: "Pat jones" <pwjones@...>
        -       2. Re: Digest Number 313
        -            From: boomerb@...
        -       3. Re: Digest Number 314
        -            From: boomerb@...
        -       4. Virus Info!! I got one passed throught the list. Please read. I want to help!!
        -            From: "sromanek" <sromanek@...>
        -      ...'

        > Take a look to the attachment.

        The attachment contained the header of :
        SETUP.pif and was 13.3 KB. Does anyone out there know more about this than I do?? I would appreciate some pointers on it if they do. For one, I am not in digest mode, but have seen some digest mode messages in the past, and this does not look like the typical one to me.

                                                                                    Thanks,
                                                                                    Sharon Dover Romanek

        Fax: 603-250-0747
        e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...
                                   sromanek@...

        Researching: Dover,Shrader, Tyner, Johnston, Williams, Edge, Smith, Kirksey, DeMers, Murphy, Allen
      • altafae@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2001
          I agree with you, Sharon, I too have received these continued messages, but I do not open ANY attachments that I get from the lists. I hope everyone on the list does the same - why should you receive an attachment from a message board anyway.

          The list manager should find out who this person is or REMOVE him from the list so we can stop sending virus to the geneology community.

          Jimmie Ryan
          Brashear/Loveless
          Jackson Co.