Re: WILLIAM WHITE IN 2nd RIFLES INFANTRY REGIMENT, SOUTH CAROLINA, CSA

  • frances_lambert2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
      CLAY AND ANN THANKS SO MUCH.
      If you would like to read the story go to
      http://www.connectedmagazineonline.com

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt
      <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

      > Ann
      >
      > I believe this is the service record for William A. White.
      >
      > From Combined Service Records CSA
      >
      > William A. White enlisted 20 Jul 1861 PVT Co. H. Reg't SC Rifles
      Columbia SC

      > May & Jun 1864 in Hospital wounded Richmond
      > Jul & Aug 1864 on wounded furlough
      > Sept & Oct 1864 absent on sick leave
      > Nov & Dec 1864 absent sick in Hospital
      > Jan & Feb 1865 Present
      >
      > He was wounded by a mini-ball in the upper right back thigh and was
      admitted Receiving and Wayside Hosp. or General Hosp. Richmond VA 14
      Aug 1864. He was on a Morning Report of Jackson Hospital 15 Aug, 1 &
      3 Sept 1864 as W.A. White Corpl, Co. H, 2nd SC R. Batton's Brigade.

      > Furloughed 30 days 1 Sep 1864 destination Greenville SC
      >
      > W. A. White Corpl., Co. H. 2nd Regt SC Rifles appears on a list of
      POWs surrendered by Gen Robert E. Lee to LT. Gen U. S. Grant, paroled
      Appomattox Court House VA Apr 9 1865.

      > There is no record of his first wound.
      >
      > Clay

      Carolina
      > </cgi-bin/sse. dll?&ti=0% AD&db=hdsregimen t&f0=1030&
      f11=Confederacy> .
      > Sources: 425

    • Eulonda Owens
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2008
        ATTN: Frances Lambert
        Are you related to the Thomas Gold family of Jackson County, AL?  How about Jeremiah Lambert of Pickens County, GA

        <blackcloud27030@ ...> wrote:

        > Ann
        >
        > I believe this is the service record for William A. White.
        >
        > From Combined Service Records CSA
        >
        > William A. White enlisted 20 Jul 1861 PVT Co. H. Reg't SC Rifles
        Columbia SC

        > May & Jun 1864 in Hospital wounded Richmond
        > Jul & Aug 1864 on wounded furlough
        > Sept & Oct 1864 absent on sick leave
        > Nov & Dec 1864 absent sick in Hospital
        > Jan & Feb 1865 Present
        >
        > He was wounded by a mini-ball in the upper right back thigh and was
        admitted Receiving and Wayside Hosp. or General Hosp. Richmond VA 14
        Aug 1864. He was on a Morning Report of Jackson Hospital 15 Aug, 1 &
        3 Sept 1864 as W.A. White Corpl, Co. H, 2nd SC R. Batton's Brigade.

        > Furloughed 30 days 1 Sep 1864 destination Greenville SC
        >
        > W. A. White Corpl., Co. H. 2nd Regt SC Rifles appears on a list of
        POWs surrendered by Gen Robert E. Lee to LT. Gen U. S. Grant, paroled
        Appomattox Court House VA Apr 9 1865.

        > There is no record of his first wound.
        >
        > Clay

      • frances_lambert2000
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 6, 2008
          My Fathers family: Johnson, Hawkins,Ballard,Coots Mothers family;
          Clements, Sanders,Letson,Manning,Shelton,
          My Husband is the Lambert his Father was Columbus Fair Lambert Born
          in Cherokee NC. Decended From Hugh Lambert And Nancy Raper.

          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Eulonda Owens <kegoad@...>
          wrote:

          > ATTN: Frances Lambert
          > Are you related to the Thomas Gold family of Jackson County, AL?
          How about Jeremiah Lambert of Pickens County, GA

          > --- On Tue, 12/2/08, frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...>
          wrote:

          > From: frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...>
          > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Re: WILLIAM WHITE IN 2nd RIFLES
          INFANTRY REGIMENT, SOUTH CAROLINA, CSA
          > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:17 AM
          >

          > CLAY AND ANN THANKS SO MUCH.
          > If you would like to read the story go to
          > http://www.connecte dmagazineonline. com
          >
          > --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, Clay Gullatt
          > <blackcloud27030@ ...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Ann
          > >
          > > I believe this is the service record for William A. White.
          > >
          > > From Combined Service Records CSA
          > >
          > > William A. White enlisted 20 Jul 1861 PVT Co. H. Reg't SC Rifles
          > Columbia SC
          > >
          > > May & Jun 1864 in Hospital wounded Richmond
          > > Jul & Aug 1864 on wounded furlough
          > > Sept & Oct 1864 absent on sick leave
          > > Nov & Dec 1864 absent sick in Hospital
          > > Jan & Feb 1865 Present
          > >
          > > He was wounded by a mini-ball in the upper right back thigh and
          was
          > admitted Receiving and Wayside Hosp. or General Hosp. Richmond VA
          14
          > Aug 1864. He was on a Morning Report of Jackson Hospital 15 Aug, 1
          &
          > 3 Sept 1864 as W.A. White Corpl, Co. H, 2nd SC R. Batton's Brigade.
          > >
          > > Furloughed 30 days 1 Sep 1864 destination Greenville SC
          > >
          > > W. A. White Corpl., Co. H. 2nd Regt SC Rifles appears on a list
          of
          > POWs surrendered by Gen Robert E. Lee to LT. Gen U. S.
          Grant, paroled
          > Appomattox Court House VA Apr 9 1865.
          > >
          > > There is no record of his first wound.
          > >
          > > Clay

        • Alta Fay Brown
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 6, 2008
            Would that be Susannah Hawkins? Henry Sanders, the Manning and Shelton's of
            Jackson?

            We may have some allied families, could you tell me which of the Johnson,
            Hawkins, Sanders, Manning, and Shelton's within your family?

            Jimmie Ryan
            GGG grandson of Elijah Brasure b 1776 - d 1869 Jackson, Alabama

            > My Fathers family: Johnson, Hawkins,Ballard,Coots Mothers family;
            > Clements, Sanders,Letson,Manning,Shelton,
            > My Husband is the Lambert his Father was Columbus Fair Lambert Born
            > in Cherokee NC. Decended From Hugh Lambert And Nancy Raper.
            >

            > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Eulonda Owens <kegoad@...>
            > wrote:
            >>
            >> ATTN: Frances Lambert
            >> Are you related to the Thomas Gold family of Jackson County, AL?
            > How about Jeremiah Lambert of Pickens County, GA
            >>
            >> --- On Tue, 12/2/08, frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...>
            > wrote:
            >>
            >> From: frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...>
            >> Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Re: WILLIAM WHITE IN 2nd RIFLES
            > INFANTRY REGIMENT, SOUTH CAROLINA, CSA
            >> To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
            >> Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:17 AM
            >>

            >> CLAY AND ANN THANKS SO MUCH.
            >> If you would like to read the story go to
            >> http://www.connecte dmagazineonline. com
            >>
            >> --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, Clay Gullatt
            >> <blackcloud27030@ ...> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > Ann
            >> >
            >> > I believe this is the service record for William A. White.
            >> >
            >> > From Combined Service Records CSA
            >> >
            >> > William A. White enlisted 20 Jul 1861 PVT Co. H. Reg't SC Rifles
            >> Columbia SC
            >> >
            >> > May & Jun 1864 in Hospital wounded Richmond
            >> > Jul & Aug 1864 on wounded furlough
            >> > Sept & Oct 1864 absent on sick leave
            >> > Nov & Dec 1864 absent sick in Hospital
            >> > Jan & Feb 1865 Present
            >> >
            >> > He was wounded by a mini-ball in the upper right back thigh and
            > was
            >> admitted Receiving and Wayside Hosp. or General Hosp. Richmond VA
            > 14
            >> Aug 1864. He was on a Morning Report of Jackson Hospital 15 Aug, 1
            > &
            >> 3 Sept 1864 as W.A. White Corpl, Co. H, 2nd SC R. Batton's Brigade.
            >> >
            >> > Furloughed 30 days 1 Sep 1864 destination Greenville SC
            >> >
            >> > W. A. White Corpl., Co. H. 2nd Regt SC Rifles appears on a list
            > of
            >> POWs surrendered by Gen Robert E. Lee to LT. Gen U. S.
            > Grant, paroled
            >> Appomattox Court House VA Apr 9 1865.
            >> >
            >> > There is no record of his first wound.
            >> >
            >> > Clay

          • James Huffine
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 6, 2008
              Alta Fay and Jimmie-
              I have Sheltons and Hunts in our Jackson Co. AL family tree. Shepard
              Shelton (1791-1876) Two of his daughters married Hunts (Martha
              Shelt;on married Clayborne Hunt and Mary Ada married Franklin Hunt)
              I am related through Shepard's son,Woodlief Thomas Shelton (1834-1902)
              Ruth Burnette Huffine

            • Eulonda Owens
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 7, 2008
                We probably come from the same family line as my family migrated from NC to midddle GA then finally settled in Pickens County, GA. I will need to do further checking and will get back with you.

                wrote:

                > ATTN: Frances Lambert
                > Are you related to the Thomas Gold family of Jackson County, AL?
                How about Jeremiah Lambert of Pickens County, GA

                > --- On Tue, 12/2/08, frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert200 0@...>
                wrote:

                > From: frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert200 0@...>
                > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Re: WILLIAM WHITE IN 2nd RIFLES
                INFANTRY REGIMENT, SOUTH CAROLINA, CSA
                > To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
                > Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:17 AM
                >

                > CLAY AND ANN THANKS SO MUCH.
                > If you would like to read the story go to
                > http://www.connecte dmagazineonline. com
                >
                > --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, Clay Gullatt
                > <blackcloud27030@ ...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Ann
                > >
                > > I believe this is the service record for William A. White.
                > >
                > > From Combined Service Records CSA
                > >
                > > William A. White enlisted 20 Jul 1861 PVT Co. H. Reg't SC Rifles
                > Columbia SC
                > >
                > > May & Jun 1864 in Hospital wounded Richmond
                > > Jul & Aug 1864 on wounded furlough
                > > Sept & Oct 1864 absent on sick leave
                > > Nov & Dec 1864 absent sick in Hospital
                > > Jan & Feb 1865 Present
                > >
                > > He was wounded by a mini-ball in the upper right back thigh and
                was
                > admitted Receiving and Wayside Hosp. or General Hosp. Richmond VA
                14
                > Aug 1864. He was on a Morning Report of Jackson Hospital 15 Aug, 1
                &
                > 3 Sept 1864 as W.A. White Corpl, Co. H, 2nd SC R. Batton's Brigade.
                > >
                > > Furloughed 30 days 1 Sep 1864 destination Greenville SC
                > >
                > > W. A. White Corpl., Co. H. 2nd Regt SC Rifles appears on a list
                of
                > POWs surrendered by Gen Robert E. Lee to LT. Gen U. S.
                Grant, paroled
                > Appomattox Court House VA Apr 9 1865.
                > >
                > > There is no record of his first wound.
                > >
                > > Clay

              • frances_lambert2000
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 7, 2008
                  The Johnsons
                  My father: Charles Luther Johnson Born 1898 Jackson county Al
                  GrandFather: James Henry Johnson Born1877 Tn
                  Married Mary Frances Hawkins Born 1876 Kyles Jackson County Al
                  Her Mother was Cordelia Ballard Born 1849 Cumberland Gap Tn
                  Her Father George Hawkins Born 1839 England
                  GGrandfather:Bailey Johnson Born NC
                  Married Caroline Coots on the 29 Aug 1875 in Jackson County AL
                  That is about the time that my Johnson family came to Jackson County
                  Al on 1870 Census they are in Dade County Ga.

                  The Clements

                  My Mom Evie Clements Born 1942 Jackson County Al
                  Grandfather:James Frank Clements Born: 1908 Jackson Conty Al
                  Married Anna Belle Sanders Born 1912 Jackson County Al
                  Her Father:George Franklin Sanders
                  Her Mother: Cynthia Stella Letson
                  Ggrandfather:Walter Hugh Clements Born 1854 NC
                  Married:Lucinda Manning Born 1871 Jackson County Al
                  Her Father: William C Manning
                  Her Mother Nancy Jane Shelton

                  More On George Sanders His Father Was Henry A Sanders Mother Susanna
                  Hankins. I have a photo of George and Cynthia in my Photos on here.
                  Check the Johnson/Clements Photo Album. There is also a Photo that
                  has Evie Irene "Manning" Hall.

                  --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Alta Fay Brown"