WILLIAM WHITE IN 2nd RIFLES INFANTRY REGIMENT, SOUTH CAROLINA, CSA

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
      American Civil War Soldiers
      <http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=3737&enc=1>
      about William White

      Name: William White
      Side Served: Confederacy
      State Served: South Carolina
      Service Record: Enlisted as a Captain.
      Commission in Company A, 2nd Rifles Infantry Regiment South Carolina
      </cgi-bin/sse.dll?&ti=0%AD&db=hdsregiment&f0=1030&f11=Confederacy>.
      Sources: 425
    • Clay Gullatt
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2008
        Ann

        I believe this is the service record for William A. White.

        From Combined Service Records CSA

        William A. White enlisted 20 Jul 1861 PVT Co. H. Reg't SC Rifles Columbia SC

        May & Jun 1864 in Hospital wounded Richmond
        Jul & Aug 1864 on wounded furlough
        Sept & Oct 1864 absent on sick leave
        Nov & Dec 1864 absent sick in Hospital
        Jan & Feb 1865 Present

        He was wounded by a mini-ball in the upper right back thigh and was admitted Receiving and Wayside Hosp. or General Hosp. Richmond VA 14 Aug 1864. He was on a Morning Report of Jackson Hospital 15 Aug, 1 & 3 Sept 1864 as W.A. White Corpl, Co. H, 2nd SC R. Batton's Brigade.

        Furloughed 30 days 1 Sep 1864 destination Greenville SC

        W. A. White Corpl., Co. H. 2nd Regt SC Rifles appears on a list of POWs surrendered by Gen Robert E. Lee to LT. Gen U. S. Grant, paroled Appomattox Court House VA Apr 9 1865.

        There is no record of his first wound.

        Clay

        Commission in Company A, 2nd Rifles Infantry Regiment South Carolina
        </cgi-bin/sse. dll?&ti=0% AD&db=hdsregimen t&f0=1030& f11=Confederacy> .
        Sources: 425

      • frances_lambert2000
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2008
          CLAY AND ANN THANKS SO MUCH.
          If you would like to read the story go to
          http://www.connectedmagazineonline.com

          --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Clay Gullatt
          <blackcloud27030@...> wrote:

          > Ann
          >
          > I believe this is the service record for William A. White.
          >
          > From Combined Service Records CSA
          >
          > William A. White enlisted 20 Jul 1861 PVT Co. H. Reg't SC Rifles
          Columbia SC

          > May & Jun 1864 in Hospital wounded Richmond
          > Jul & Aug 1864 on wounded furlough
          > Sept & Oct 1864 absent on sick leave
          > Nov & Dec 1864 absent sick in Hospital
          > Jan & Feb 1865 Present
          >
          > He was wounded by a mini-ball in the upper right back thigh and was
          admitted Receiving and Wayside Hosp. or General Hosp. Richmond VA 14
          Aug 1864. He was on a Morning Report of Jackson Hospital 15 Aug, 1 &
          3 Sept 1864 as W.A. White Corpl, Co. H, 2nd SC R. Batton's Brigade.

          > Furloughed 30 days 1 Sep 1864 destination Greenville SC
          >
          > W. A. White Corpl., Co. H. 2nd Regt SC Rifles appears on a list of
          POWs surrendered by Gen Robert E. Lee to LT. Gen U. S. Grant, paroled
          Appomattox Court House VA Apr 9 1865.

          > There is no record of his first wound.
          >
          > Clay

        • Eulonda Owens
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2008
            ATTN: Frances Lambert
            Are you related to the Thomas Gold family of Jackson County, AL?  How about Jeremiah Lambert of Pickens County, GA

            <blackcloud27030@ ...> wrote:

            > Ann
            >
            > I believe this is the service record for William A. White.
            >
            > From Combined Service Records CSA
            >
            > William A. White enlisted 20 Jul 1861 PVT Co. H. Reg't SC Rifles
            Columbia SC

            > May & Jun 1864 in Hospital wounded Richmond
            > Jul & Aug 1864 on wounded furlough
            > Sept & Oct 1864 absent on sick leave
            > Nov & Dec 1864 absent sick in Hospital
            > Jan & Feb 1865 Present
            >
            > He was wounded by a mini-ball in the upper right back thigh and was
            admitted Receiving and Wayside Hosp. or General Hosp. Richmond VA 14
            Aug 1864. He was on a Morning Report of Jackson Hospital 15 Aug, 1 &
            3 Sept 1864 as W.A. White Corpl, Co. H, 2nd SC R. Batton's Brigade.

            > Furloughed 30 days 1 Sep 1864 destination Greenville SC
            >
            > W. A. White Corpl., Co. H. 2nd Regt SC Rifles appears on a list of
            POWs surrendered by Gen Robert E. Lee to LT. Gen U. S. Grant, paroled
            Appomattox Court House VA Apr 9 1865.

            > There is no record of his first wound.
            >
            > Clay

          • frances_lambert2000
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 6, 2008
              My Fathers family: Johnson, Hawkins,Ballard,Coots Mothers family;
              Clements, Sanders,Letson,Manning,Shelton,
              My Husband is the Lambert his Father was Columbus Fair Lambert Born
              in Cherokee NC. Decended From Hugh Lambert And Nancy Raper.

              --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Eulonda Owens <kegoad@...>
              wrote:

              > ATTN: Frances Lambert
              > Are you related to the Thomas Gold family of Jackson County, AL?
              How about Jeremiah Lambert of Pickens County, GA

              > --- On Tue, 12/2/08, frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...>
              wrote:

              > From: frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...>
              > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Re: WILLIAM WHITE IN 2nd RIFLES
              INFANTRY REGIMENT, SOUTH CAROLINA, CSA
              > To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
              > Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:17 AM
              >

              > CLAY AND ANN THANKS SO MUCH.
              > If you would like to read the story go to
              > http://www.connecte dmagazineonline. com
              >
              > --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, Clay Gullatt
              > <blackcloud27030@ ...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Ann
              > >
              > > I believe this is the service record for William A. White.
              > >
              > > From Combined Service Records CSA
              > >
              > > William A. White enlisted 20 Jul 1861 PVT Co. H. Reg't SC Rifles
              > Columbia SC
              > >
              > > May & Jun 1864 in Hospital wounded Richmond
              > > Jul & Aug 1864 on wounded furlough
              > > Sept & Oct 1864 absent on sick leave
              > > Nov & Dec 1864 absent sick in Hospital
              > > Jan & Feb 1865 Present
              > >
              > > He was wounded by a mini-ball in the upper right back thigh and
              was
              > admitted Receiving and Wayside Hosp. or General Hosp. Richmond VA
              14
              > Aug 1864. He was on a Morning Report of Jackson Hospital 15 Aug, 1
              &
              > 3 Sept 1864 as W.A. White Corpl, Co. H, 2nd SC R. Batton's Brigade.
              > >
              > > Furloughed 30 days 1 Sep 1864 destination Greenville SC
              > >
              > > W. A. White Corpl., Co. H. 2nd Regt SC Rifles appears on a list
              of
              > POWs surrendered by Gen Robert E. Lee to LT. Gen U. S.
              Grant, paroled
              > Appomattox Court House VA Apr 9 1865.
              > >
              > > There is no record of his first wound.
              > >
              > > Clay

            • Alta Fay Brown
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 6, 2008
                Would that be Susannah Hawkins? Henry Sanders, the Manning and Shelton's of
                Jackson?

                We may have some allied families, could you tell me which of the Johnson,
                Hawkins, Sanders, Manning, and Shelton's within your family?

                Jimmie Ryan
                GGG grandson of Elijah Brasure b 1776 - d 1869 Jackson, Alabama

                > My Fathers family: Johnson, Hawkins,Ballard,Coots Mothers family;
                > Clements, Sanders,Letson,Manning,Shelton,
                > My Husband is the Lambert his Father was Columbus Fair Lambert Born
                > in Cherokee NC. Decended From Hugh Lambert And Nancy Raper.
                >

                > --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Eulonda Owens <kegoad@...>
                > wrote:
                >>
                >> ATTN: Frances Lambert
                >> Are you related to the Thomas Gold family of Jackson County, AL?
                > How about Jeremiah Lambert of Pickens County, GA
                >>
                >> --- On Tue, 12/2/08, frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...>
                > wrote:
                >>
                >> From: frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert2000@...>
                >> Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Re: WILLIAM WHITE IN 2nd RIFLES
                > INFANTRY REGIMENT, SOUTH CAROLINA, CSA
                >> To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com
                >> Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:17 AM
                >>

                >> CLAY AND ANN THANKS SO MUCH.
                >> If you would like to read the story go to
                >> http://www.connecte dmagazineonline. com
                >>
                >> --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, Clay Gullatt
                >> <blackcloud27030@ ...> wrote:
                >> >
                >> > Ann
                >> >
                >> > I believe this is the service record for William A. White.
                >> >
                >> > From Combined Service Records CSA
                >> >
                >> > William A. White enlisted 20 Jul 1861 PVT Co. H. Reg't SC Rifles
                >> Columbia SC
                >> >
                >> > May & Jun 1864 in Hospital wounded Richmond
                >> > Jul & Aug 1864 on wounded furlough
                >> > Sept & Oct 1864 absent on sick leave
                >> > Nov & Dec 1864 absent sick in Hospital
                >> > Jan & Feb 1865 Present
                >> >
                >> > He was wounded by a mini-ball in the upper right back thigh and
                > was
                >> admitted Receiving and Wayside Hosp. or General Hosp. Richmond VA
                > 14
                >> Aug 1864. He was on a Morning Report of Jackson Hospital 15 Aug, 1
                > &
                >> 3 Sept 1864 as W.A. White Corpl, Co. H, 2nd SC R. Batton's Brigade.
                >> >
                >> > Furloughed 30 days 1 Sep 1864 destination Greenville SC
                >> >
                >> > W. A. White Corpl., Co. H. 2nd Regt SC Rifles appears on a list
                > of
                >> POWs surrendered by Gen Robert E. Lee to LT. Gen U. S.
                > Grant, paroled
                >> Appomattox Court House VA Apr 9 1865.
                >> >
                >> > There is no record of his first wound.
                >> >
                >> > Clay

              • James Huffine
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 6, 2008
                  Alta Fay and Jimmie-
                  I have Sheltons and Hunts in our Jackson Co. AL family tree. Shepard
                  Shelton (1791-1876) Two of his daughters married Hunts (Martha
                  Shelt;on married Clayborne Hunt and Mary Ada married Franklin Hunt)
                  I am related through Shepard's son,Woodlief Thomas Shelton (1834-1902)
                  Ruth Burnette Huffine

                • Eulonda Owens
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 7, 2008
                    We probably come from the same family line as my family migrated from NC to midddle GA then finally settled in Pickens County, GA. I will need to do further checking and will get back with you.

                    wrote:

                    > ATTN: Frances Lambert
                    > Are you related to the Thomas Gold family of Jackson County, AL?
                    How about Jeremiah Lambert of Pickens County, GA

                    > --- On Tue, 12/2/08, frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert200 0@...>
                    wrote:

                    > From: frances_lambert2000 <frances_lambert200 0@...>
                    > Subject: [jacksongenealogy] Re: WILLIAM WHITE IN 2nd RIFLES
                    INFANTRY REGIMENT, SOUTH CAROLINA, CSA
                    > To: jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com
                    > Date: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 7:17 AM
                    >

                    > CLAY AND ANN THANKS SO MUCH.
                    > If you would like to read the story go to
                    > http://www.connecte dmagazineonline. com
                    >
                    > --- In jacksongenealogy@ yahoogroups. com, Clay Gullatt
                    > <blackcloud27030@ ...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Ann
                    > >
                    > > I believe this is the service record for William A. White.
                    > >
                    > > From Combined Service Records CSA
                    > >
                    > > William A. White enlisted 20 Jul 1861 PVT Co. H. Reg't SC Rifles
                    > Columbia SC
                    > >
                    > > May & Jun 1864 in Hospital wounded Richmond
                    > > Jul & Aug 1864 on wounded furlough
                    > > Sept & Oct 1864 absent on sick leave
                    > > Nov & Dec 1864 absent sick in Hospital
                    > > Jan & Feb 1865 Present
                    > >
                    > > He was wounded by a mini-ball in the upper right back thigh and
                    was
                    > admitted Receiving and Wayside Hosp. or General Hosp. Richmond VA
                    14
                    > Aug 1864. He was on a Morning Report of Jackson Hospital 15 Aug, 1
                    &
                    > 3 Sept 1864 as W.A. White Corpl, Co. H, 2nd SC R. Batton's Brigade.
                    > >
                    > > Furloughed 30 days 1 Sep 1864 destination Greenville SC
                    > >
                    > > W. A. White Corpl., Co. H. 2nd Regt SC Rifles appears on a list
                    of
                    > POWs surrendered by Gen Robert E. Lee to LT. Gen U. S.
                    Grant, paroled
                    > Appomattox Court House VA Apr 9 1865.
                    > >
                    > > There is no record of his first wound.
                    > >
                    > > Clay

                  • frances_lambert2000
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 7, 2008
                      The Johnsons
                      My father: Charles Luther Johnson Born 1898 Jackson county Al
                      GrandFather: James Henry Johnson Born1877 Tn
                      Married Mary Frances Hawkins Born 1876 Kyles Jackson County Al
                      Her Mother was Cordelia Ballard Born 1849 Cumberland Gap Tn
                      Her Father George Hawkins Born 1839 England
                      GGrandfather:Bailey Johnson Born NC
                      Married Caroline Coots on the 29 Aug 1875 in Jackson County AL
                      That is about the time that my Johnson family came to Jackson County
                      Al on 1870 Census they are in Dade County Ga.

                      The Clements

                      My Mom Evie Clements Born 1942 Jackson County Al
                      Grandfather:James Frank Clements Born: 1908 Jackson Conty Al
                      Married Anna Belle Sanders Born 1912 Jackson County Al
                      Her Father:George Franklin Sanders
                      Her Mother: Cynthia Stella Letson
                      Ggrandfather:Walter Hugh Clements Born 1854 NC
                      Married:Lucinda Manning Born 1871 Jackson County Al
                      Her Father: William C Manning
                      Her Mother Nancy Jane Shelton

                      More On George Sanders His Father Was Henry A Sanders Mother Susanna
                      Hankins. I have a photo of George and Cynthia in my Photos on here.
                      Check the Johnson/Clements Photo Album. There is also a Photo that
                      has Evie Irene "Manning" Hall.

                      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Alta Fay Brown"